A very cheap TDA2030 Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't you ever strip old chassis? I always do. I have probably 50 salvage rectifier diodes. I have probably 30 transformers (most are suitable only for +/- 15 volt or 12 volt supplies @ 1 amp or so, but still handy). I have several sets of big caps I pulled out of old recievers etc. I have countless transistors; I have at least 100 LEDs that I pulled out of modems. I have switches, potentiometers, power resistors, chokes, fancy uber-expensive capacitors, etc, all salvage. These all get used in prototying and quick and dirty repairs. The only salvage parts I usually use in construction are "forever" parts like transformers, chokes, etc. But is makes design and prototyping very convenient and virtually free!

I can see it has its virtues, if you know what you're doing! I'm a relative newcomer to this particular hobby and only have a basic understanding of electronics, preferring to tinker with cheap kits rather than scratch build. At the moment I don't have any old stuff to strip. I've a CD player vintage 1993 but that still works (after a bit of maintenance :p) and a VHS recorder from early 80's also still working. I'm loathe to kill them off :rolleyes:

Cheers

The hum can be caused by crap wires to chassis RCA or what ever connector you use..
Fully shielded audio wireing, foil shielding is even better foil+copper net, the best possible.

Crap filter caps, and one of the biggest mistakes can be horribly designed PCB.
You may try to add caps to chip Vcc and GND/Vee not sure about it tho

The hum can be caused by crap wires to chassis RCA or what ever connector you use..
Fully shielded audio wiring,

Hum could be from several sources; bad design, bad layout, wiring, poor components, poor grounding [most likely].............

If you have the time and interest, I'd suggest re-working the ground connections, then the wiring

I doubt I would buy from 'him'; the weight is wrong, no specs, no description, no specifics, and nothing to suggest he knows electronics
Something is fishy there for sure with that picture. :) I was going to buy the 2030 amp kit just for the case alone, but now I'll pass on it altogether after activexp's experience. I've got enough little amp modules to keep me busy for months and a move in 60 days. :eek: Things are getting nuts around here. :sigh: There are much better foreign vendors to deal with and better products too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.