Sanyo STK amp modules - can they be tested for life? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2013, 04:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Sanyo STK amp modules - can they be tested for life?

I have (4) Sanyo STK086 amplifier modules that are part of an M&K Volkswoofer setup and I was wanting to test the modules out for signs of life. I only have a digital multi meter...will this work? What pins do I test and how?

I'd need some instruction as to which pins I put the leads to and what readings I'm looking for. I have the datasheet already.

STK086 datasheet and application note, data sheet, circuit, pdf, cross reference | Datasheet Archive

Looks like this, but it's not a "G" model...

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks for the help,
Cory
H.H. Scott 299D (NOSValves resto), Marantz SA8003, Denon DP-3000 / Acos Lustre GST 1 / Shure M97xE, Klipsch Forté (Bob Crites upgrades), Kimber Kable 8VS, Soundstring Omega, Pangea AC-14SE, Furman PST-8
Old 25th May 2013, 03:04 PM   #2
PetruV is offline PetruV  Romania
diyAudio Member

Just build the circuit and test them,otherwise you cant
Old 25th May 2013, 03:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=Sonance84;3501877]I have (4) Sanyo STK086 amplifier modules that are part of an M&K Volkswoofer setup and I was wanting to test the modules out for signs of life. I only have a digital multi meter...will this work? What pins do I test and how?

I'd need some instruction as to which pins I put the leads to and what readings I'm looking for. I have the datasheet already.

STK086 datasheet and application note, data sheet, circuit, pdf, cross reference | Datasheet Archive

Looks like this, but it's not a "G" model...

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks for the help,
Cory[/QUOTE

Amigo para probar arma un circuito de los que aparecen en las hojas de datos y los pruebas sin problemas....son muy buenos por aca no se consiguen originales.
Old 27th May 2013, 05:16 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

The module cannot be tested for life without assembling into the application circuit.

When in circuit, the voltage at pin 7 should be less than 50 mVolts, negative or positive, measured wrt ground.

Gajanan Phadte
Old 28th May 2013, 02:24 AM   #5
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Amps often fail with a short between the output and a supply rail. I don't know if that's necessarily true of the STK modules, but that's probably the only reasonable check you can do out of circuit.
Old 28th May 2013, 02:30 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Location: West Australia, straight over the road from the beach, natural ambient sounds only.
Check pin 7 to pin 6, and pin 7 to pin 8 (across each output transistor)
If no short circuit or low ohms you should be ok.

Dan.

Hide this!Advertise here!