Tda 2003 sound quality.Show me your opinion! - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2013, 03:54 PM   #21
PetruV is offline PetruV  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjmf View Post
how loud was the transformer buzzing then ....?? if it just a faint buzzing close enough to the transformer to hear it then it is normal
About as loud as a gas powered chainsaw,but now i fixed it.its now as loud as a computer fan.
It seems to have reduced hum under load,in short circuit or during the charging period of the caps.
It is very variable in loudness,and teperature is about 60c-80c,is it ok?.noise is reduced when i press on the metal casing.I will start winding toroidals,since they seem easier but i need the calculations for them!
Old 20th June 2013, 03:28 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Hey guys i replaced the original 0.1 uf ceramicaps with 0.47 uf flm caps and 1000uf,crapxons with 3300 nichicons and i love it,the dude at the shop had computer grade HE caps which are low esr,wich i used for output,
The bas is tighter and stonger,no longer needing bass boost,and the vocals are les muddy,less distorsion, overrall better sound,
This isnt its even final form,i will be soon upgrading the feedback caps in a couple of days.
and then supplementing it with an lm1875t amp,as i aleardy bought the chips,just need solder.
Old 22nd June 2013, 07:49 PM   #23
mjf is offline mjf  Austria
diyAudio Member

hello.
here is a foto from my tda2002 (not very different to a tda2003).
i built this amp with spare parts left over........
very low noise (gain reduced) and acceptable sound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tda2002 amp.JPG (219.1 KB, 278 views)
Old 22nd June 2013, 07:57 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Nice,but case is big
Old 15th July 2013, 10:38 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

More?
Old 17th July 2013, 03:03 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

In 1994 the year I graduated I made my 1st amplifier made by TDA2006 and upc324 from the magazine 1984 for that time it's advanced. And when new century comes, TDA2030(A) became popular everywhere.
Now it's time for LM3886 no matter it's been used at least 10 years ago.
In my opinion, 2000 series' power consumption is less than current products and static noise is much larger even with accurate design and selection of Electronic Components. It's behind the times and we should purchase a newer and better life and forgive those old days.
Old 17th July 2013, 05:54 AM   #27
Mihkus is offline Mihkus  Estonia
diyAudio Member

Class D... the future amps.
Ive had many 2000 series amplifiers I didnt like any of them, sometimes they sound boomy or have poor lows/low mids... :/
But one of my true, the most hated TDA1519CTH only 12V range stereo amp i had back then (SMD heatsink above), i designed perfect pcb and added PCM2704 as DAC, the whole thing was fully shielded with 0,5MM stainless steel.
The pcb was the size of a sound card.

It was used for many years by... home mom/dad, I HATED IT! Even, the shielding that was extreme, design, lowest noise single chip DAC i was able to find, superb cooling, best cables, monster filters, inductor before caps to get rid of dat SMPS/FAN noise.... Looks like one of those turbine cooled video cards

All that work, it failed permantently, still had hearable static noise and i never got rid of it.

I should take few pics of this thing, its truly my masterpiece, but next time Ill fully read the Datasheet or use TI/BB semiconductors only.

But Ive also buil my "High-End" version with TDA2030
Its way better sounding than most of the 2000 series amps, i think its like 2050 with limiting...
Old 17th July 2013, 09:03 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Nice stories.my tda2003 is dead silent even when a phone gets a call near it.i have 15000uf filtering but i should upgrade it
Old 21st July 2013, 03:34 PM   #29
Dr_EM is offline Dr_EM  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetruV View Post
Thanks guys,my lm1875t was my first amp and it sounded like **** because i messed up the grounding,and no one wanted to help me,so i got angry and threw them out,but now,im broke and i cant afford them,sholuld have kept them,also the same for tda2050,the worked 10 secs,an power surge came in and blew the up,since i have 25v transformer and they have a maximum of 25v supply
If that was a 25V AC transformer output then your rectified and smoothed voltage would be around 35V DC (25*sqrt2), somewhat over the absolute maximum specification.

I used the TDA2003 years ago on a pre-assembled kit. At the time it was mostly so I could use a single supply and I never got to test it with any very high quality speakers, perhaps I should.

I've found the sound of the LM1875 very impressive in the projects I've used it but this has usually been with small 8 Ohm speakers. Perhaps the TDA2003 has improved relative performance into 4 Ohms, it being a design rooted in car audio.
Old 21st July 2013, 08:22 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

I noticed many of you guys are confused,tda2003 gives 10w in an 1.6 ohms load not in 4 ohms.
about 5w in 4 ohms but realisticaly i dont get more than 2w in 2 ohms at 12v

Hide this!Advertise here!