Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build thread and tutorial
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2018, 01:29 AM   #3891
lehmanhill is offline lehmanhill  United States
diyAudio Member

Welcome! It is a great community with people from beginners to experts and many willing to help. At 92 and 90 dB sensitivity, the two speakers you mentioned should have no trouble at all.

One other question, what do you plan for a pre-amp or just volume control? At 90 dB sensitivity or higher, you could just use a stereo potentiometer for volume control.

Jac
Old 3rd May 2018, 09:19 AM   #3892
Cowmans is offline Cowmans  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehmanhill View Post
Welcome! It is a great community with people from beginners to experts and many willing to help. At 92 and 90 dB sensitivity, the two speakers you mentioned should have no trouble at all.

One other question, what do you plan for a pre-amp or just volume control? At 90 dB sensitivity or higher, you could just use a stereo potentiometer for volume control.

Jac
I'll start with a stero potentiometer, maybe later I'll add a pre-amp. Step-by-step
Old 5th May 2018, 04:22 PM   #3893
Telstar is offline Telstar  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowmans View Post
I'll start with a stero potentiometer, maybe later I'll add a pre-amp. Step-by-step
There is no need of an active preamp with this amp or any high-gain amp for the matter. You can achieve higher performance (i.e. transparency) with high quality attenuators and transformers.
Old 13th May 2018, 03:28 PM   #3894
murgui is offline murgui
diyAudio Member

Hello guys, after a few weeks seeing the nice projects performed in this forum I decided to start to build my first amp with the MyRef FE. I got the schematics (v1.7) from the drive and I'm trying to understand every circuit's component. In the Original MyRef there was a technical document explaining most of the building blocks, but I haven't been able to find in MyRef FE, and there are some differences from the original design. I think that going through hundred of pages of the post is far from optimized. So, is there any document like that?

Regards,
Old 14th May 2018, 09:27 PM   #3895
UnixMan is offline UnixMan  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgui View Post
In the Original MyRef there was a technical document explaining most of the building blocks, but I haven't been able to find in MyRef FE, and there are some differences from the original design. I think that going through hundred of pages of the post is far from optimized. So, is there any document like that?
AFAIK there isn't any specific document like that... but conceptually there are basically no differences. There are only a few improvements, mostly inspired by Mauro's "My Evolution" amplifier.

The main difference are:

1) the power supply for the first stage, which on the original MyRef was just a simple resistor+Zener while on the FE there is a CCS + a more elaborated shunt regulator (see the PSU block on the top-left of the FE schematic);

2) the internal limiter network (those Zeners between the first stage and the current pump), for better clipping control.

Another (obvious) difference WRT to the original MyRef (but not WRT some other implementation, such as the one by TP) is the full "dual-mono" configuration of the FE (the original MyRef was configured as a stereo amp on a single board, with some ancillary parts in common for both channels).

There are also some minor differences in the compensation networks.

Last edited by UnixMan; 14th May 2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 21st May 2018, 04:54 PM   #3896
murgui is offline murgui
diyAudio Member

You are right, thanks!
Old 27th May 2018, 03:54 PM   #3897
Cowmans is offline Cowmans  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ö In the Original MyRef there was a technical document explaining most of the building blocks, Ö Regards,
Hello Murgui, where dit you find this document for the original MyRef?
Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2018, 05:46 PM   #3898
murgui is offline murgui
diyAudio Member

Hi, you can find the document in the original post by mauro penasa. Or here PROGETTO“MY_REF”

Also, I’ve been struggling to find what’s the goal of C10, can anybody tell what’s it goal?

Regards,

Nicolas.
Old 5th June 2018, 06:52 PM   #3899
murgui is offline murgui
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

Hello guys, can you please explain what is the goal of C10?
Old 5th June 2018, 06:54 PM   #3900
ClaveFremen is offline ClaveFremen  Italy
Reality first!
diyAudio Member

Default My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build thread and tutorial

Quote:
Click the image to open in full size.

Hello guys, can you please explain what is the goal of C10?

Itís part of the compensation scheme.

My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build thread and tutorialHide this!Advertise here!