Someone tryed this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Some one tryed this?
I've build it.. PSU is a SMPS at +20@8,5A enough i think..
BUt when i connect the power amp the car stereo turn off and nevere turn on again once i disconnect the power amp...
I've thought that maybe the smps but without the power amp it's all ok.. And this happen when i connet the positive and gnd to power amp.. If i connect only the negative and gnd the stereo remain on but without any sound...
What's maybe wrong?

MaXiZ said:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Some one tryed this?
I've build it.. PSU is a SMPS at +20@8,5A enough i think..
BUt when i connect the power amp the car stereo turn off and nevere turn on again once i disconnect the power amp...
I've thought that maybe the smps but without the power amp it's all ok.. And this happen when i connet the positive and gnd to power amp.. If i connect only the negative and gnd the stereo remain on but without any sound...
What's maybe wrong?

On the amp SCH it sais +/-V. Are you using single voltage supply (0/+20V). If that's the case you really need a output cap. I don't think I understand well your setup.

Greg

MaXiZ said:
:xeye: sorry!
I use ONE car battery that is directly connected to a car stereo, the SMPS is connected to it and give +/-20@8.5A with 4.400uF per rail.
At the moment for a test i would use this setup..
Car stereo=>Power Amp (tda1514)=>Speaker

Just finished drawing that. and then I red your answer. So forget about my crappy art.

It is a gnd problem I think. Is the GND (-) of the battery connected to the gnd of the SMPS power supplay, or they have no internal connection?

The IC pack is connected internaly to -V. Where did you mount the IC. Is it mounted on heatsink touching the gnd. I suspect something to do with that (since I cant see the actual setup).

Attachments

• tda1514.jpg
    tda1514.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 375
or they have no internal connection
This mean that i mustn't take ur schematic?
Is the GND (-) of the battery connected to the gnd of the SMPS power supplay
naturally yes! Why?
or they have no internal connection
What does this mean?
Is it mounted on heatsink touching the gnd
I've looke and don't seems to me...
since I cant see the actual setup
Do u mean how the component are mounted?

and i've noticed another thing...
i've made a test to see if there's a gnd problem as u say..
If IC is connected seems like + & - are directly connected, instead without it like there's a 2000K resistor...
Contact me privatly too.. if u can..
mail:maxiz@inwind.it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.