About tda1514

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used to own a Cambridge Audio a1mk3se int. amp which used two of the tda1514 chips in it. I took it apart and had the circuit board in a bag and someone in my house ended up throwing it out!!!!! I wish i still had it.

It was an amazing sounding little amp. Even the local hi-end audio store (alternative audio, very knowledgable and respected people) said the amp provided some characteristics that no other ones could match no matter the price. So pitch perfect and full of harmonics and real 'you can touch' sound. The ambience is incredible. Cambridge really did a nice job on the tweaking of the board. I'm still heart broken about losing the board to this day. Maybe i'll be able to pick another one up somtime but i think they're hard to come by now unless you live in the UK.

The tda1514 can sound sooooo nice.

Paging Dhaen....

Hi John;

>>>...This (TDA1514) is normally a good sounding chip...<<<

Interesting. My only source stateside is Parts Express and they want $10 each - is it worth that much per chip, or am I better off going to the LM3886 for higher powered amps? Just curious - now that I've got my new office amp (TDA2030A) up and running, I'm tempted to build something a little gutsier (and anyway, all my backburnered valve projects are more expensive! ;)).

Doumo arigatou gozaimasu in advance for any information!
Ja mata,
Morse
PS Can you recommend any parts stores in Akihabara? I'll be in Tokyo in mid March, and am planning a little side trip. TIA again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.