What the heck? It's less than lunch!

Thing is that amp should be inside the speaker box and it should have DC female connector. I dont have anything to do with power supply. (Its smps crap and I cant do nothing about it.)
And thats end of the story, all I can do is inside of that box to make it sound better.
If this Juma can work with this smps crap thats great.
But I thought maybe its better to try from begining and use it on better chip like tda7379(if it is better). I dont understand why nobody has tried it.

I will order some tda7379 and sta540. I dont have other option. Im going with 4 channel stereo output (if each channel can have its own volume knob, that would be great). Which hifi components should I use so I can order that too.

Attachments

• 29C23E58-4E90-4143-B167-AB8F4F01F9BF.jpeg
    29C23E58-4E90-4143-B167-AB8F4F01F9BF.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 786
$6 amp - impressions after about a week

I guess the only thing I'd nit-pick on the amp is this: The volume pot on the amp is a tad touchy. It's 100K. And I don't have much "throw" to it before it gets really loud. I'm wondering if I were to pull it and run a different "K" would that help that "too loud, too soon" situation? As you guys no doubt understand La Scalas are very efficient and on other speakers this may not be a problem.

Try it and enjoy! Hide it under a big cardboard box and have a buddy over for a listen. Then ask his impressions and how much he thinks the amp under the box should cost.

Mark

Is there a replacement volume pot that is not so touchy?, I have the same problem and would like to replace the pot.

If you have a 50K, volume potentiometer, try one. If you don't have one, Parts Express has good ones that are not expensive. But of course, shipping these days is expensive.
I had a different chip amp and it had a noisy background. And the volume was touchy as you described. I put a different volume pot in and that solved the problem. Basically made an unlistenable amp OK. I'm not an expert, but I don't think using another 100K pot is the answer.