LME 49810 Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone Has anyone built this amp ? If so could you share some of the details ? See link > Compact Series
IMGP2882.JPG

Highly recommended! Mr. Panson know his stuff very well and this is one of the rare DIY PCB designs that is actually very good. I believe from own experience PCB design add's (or degrade) more to audio design then choice of components.

It is no surprise this kit has such an extraordinary low THD levels, since again the PCB design is excellent, and fits most of the rules to achieve low distortion

With kind regards,
Bas

How about the sound quality ? How good are the LME series based amps ? Why don't more people use them as opposed to something like the 3886 types ? I have ordered a pair, But still waiting for a shipping conformation and more information... from Mr. Panson

Last edited:
How about the sound quality ? How good are the LME series based amps ? Why don't more people use them as opposed to something like the 3886 types ? I have ordered a pair, But still waiting for a shipping conformation and more information... from Mr. Panson

I have used the LME driver chip in a very successful commercial design. THD spec and sound wise it is very hard to beat. The LM3886 has it's own place, but superior results can be made with this driver IC and a good discrete power stage. I think Panson pretty much nailed it down, and is about the best you can get out of it.

With kind regards,
Bas

After some discussion on Pansonaudio.com thread Compact Sized LME49810/11 +ThermalTrak Amp
telstar pointed me out to a couple of "LME49810" boards still available on amazon. Panson is out of the board business now. His board was extremely correct for one pair thermal trak transistors, but that is a bit low wattage. The later one required two vertical heat sinks separated by some random dimension, and two fans or a 6" diameter one IMHO. I didn't like that part, is part of why I didn't buy one.
This board Amazon.com: LME49810 Top Audio High Power Amplifier Kit Board Mono 300W + 2SA1943 + 2SC5200: Electronics
is built up, has 5 pairs 2SA1943/2SC5200. I don't see where the diodes are for heat sensing that the LME49810 requires. Since is comes assembled for $49.71 some or all of the transistors or IC's might be counterfeit.
This board Amazon.com: LME49810 Class AB Mono power amplifier board 300W: Electronics has three pairs of some sort of maybe TO-3p transistor, again I don't see heat sense diodes. Maybe thermal track transistors but I doubt it. Requires 60 ma drive current it says ???? $76.46 today. Are the transistors real??
Both boards put the transistors on the flat to the sides of the board. One might fit in the case of a junk PV-8.5c on the back, but won't fit the heat sinks. I don't think two would fit side by side in front of the fan in the wind tunnel case design. As is typical of amazon, no dimensions are listed. Both boards have a TO220 transistor hung out on the end of the output transistors, kind of a odd position if it is thermal sense.
Neither board satisfies my need to use up my IC and transistor stock. Too many unknowns too. I think I'll pass.

Last edited:
My Amazon says: "Currently unavailable" on the second board.
$50 for the first... Yeah... You can't even get the parts for that through the official channels. Only one pair of driver transistors? Dang... That could get skimpy on the base current for the output devices. And where's the Vbe multiplier to set the bias current?

Tom

Last edited:
Both boards has the vbe-multiplier right where it shoud be - between the transistor rows. Can not comment on the board quality though, cause have not seen them in real life...

All I can make out from the picture on Amazon is a blob that could be a hole for a screw head by one of the white caps. The pins of the Vbe transistor would be under the heat sink if it's mounted there. That would be a good place for it, as long as the pins don't short to the LME49810 heat sink. That I do agree with. :)

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.