ebay amp kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My opinions so far:
LM4766- worst PCB design, most parts good, amplifier IC, fake.
TDA8920BTH board, the Juan Jing one, pretty good design, sounded pretty good but most parts were chinese slave made.

IRS2092, good design, did not work with original parts, had to buy new ones. Driver and output transistors.

Mostly they are pretty good, but i rather design my own and get parts from digikey or TME.

If you want to design your own PCB, then you must understand what allows a PCB to work properly.
The same applies to modifying an existing PCB to improvement the performance of the circuit.

If you need to learn, then build anything and learn after that.

I havent design many amps but YOU have told me alot, I have built few amps, and they sound wonderful.

Your the superman of this forum... :rolleyes:

The first link is to a site that does not know how to tell the truth.
Don't trust it.

The second is much closer to advertising reliable targets.
A 2pair 1943/5200 output stage has a maximum (reliable) output of around 100W.

The recommended ±50Vdc supply will achieve ~100W into 8ohms speakers.
Alternatively use a 28+28Vac transformer and your maximum power output target becomes 100W into 4ohms, the 1943/5200 might even work well @ 120W into 4ohms fed with a 30+30Vac transformer.

I bought a tube amp board. I suspect it litterd with counterfeit. The reason being is when assembled it performed poor and so I took a look at the parts and things like the panisonic caps they used the dimensions didn't match a specs of the series they used my guess is if there fake theres more. If its its much cheaper then buying your own parts then it only makes sense something is up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.