ebay amp kits - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2013, 05:15 PM   #21
mirmite is offline mirmite  Sweden
diyAudio Member

well is this kit good :S LM3886 Hi End Amp DIY Kit Component 68W Components New | eBay coz i have ordered it
Old 12th February 2013, 05:38 PM   #22
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by routhun View Post
The output transistors in the first kit you've mentioned in your first post seems to be fake as the price of the entire kit is almost as low as the 10 output genuine output transistors. Yes, genuine parts cost more, that is the price you need to pay for quality
they have a different number too.something like tta1943 and ttc5200.i will check later and post.

p.s.the lme49810 is original.
Old 12th February 2013, 08:51 PM   #23
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member

looks like tta and ttc are toshiba new models not fake.
Old 12th February 2013, 10:10 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KMossman Send a message via Skype™ to KMossman
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_glo View Post
Caveat emptor - you makes your choices you pays your monies, don't expect miracles for nothing and you won't be dissapointed!
This is a TRUE story. [I know the teacher]

An American teacher,working in Nanjing China, walked into a small shop and saw IVORY brand soap selling for 3rmb {about 50 cents USD}. Normally imported soap retails for 12rmb. He was delighted to see imported soap for such a low price, and promptly bought.

Using the soap in the shower, he realized it was not IVORY at all - it was 'fake'.

He rushed back to the store, and declared to the shop owner, "This is Fake!"

The shop-keeper stayed calm, looked the foreign teacher in the eye, and said, "Of course it is. Are you so stupid to think you would get imported soap for only 3rmb?!"
Old 17th February 2013, 06:42 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirmite View Post
well is this kit good :S LM3886 Hi End Amp DIY Kit Component 68W Components New | eBay coz i have ordered it
Although i am a freshman here in this forum but i've been reading threads here for half a year b'coz i want to learn to build my own chipamp and DAC, i live Hong Kong, born under British Colony.

The kit you mentioned above i can get from taobao for less than 25bucks.(rmb148), and those kits from ebay i don't see much different than i get from china and shipped back from us to hk especially those sellers get a large qty. discount from china and ship out from Hong Kong to worldwide. I do brought 3 sets of WM8741+WM8805 DAC, however it was beyond my ability to build the DAC from components.

I wouldn't say all kits from china/ebay are fake, obviously some of them are fake, but quite a large amount those ic's & capacitor are "recycled" rubbish(but worked) and imported from foreign developed countries. They de-solder it and sold to public, some of them went to ebay. Most of these process are done in Guangzhou and Fujian. There are shops in china DO sell genuine+used chips. But those electro cap's, some of them are mostly beyond there storage life as told by sellers in china. There is genuine chips all around, but you need to know WHERE to get them.

Kmossman is telling the truth. 3x sale price is a minimum on ebay.
Caveat emptor is golden rule when u try purchase stuff from this country. All of them are sold as-is. When in doubt, pick another seller.

i wonder if any experts here can help me out to pick a chipamp to build for my speakers?
Old 19th February 2013, 01:40 AM   #26
Jsixis is offline Jsixis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirmite View Post
I've been watching that kit myself, let me know how it works, I need a power supply before I order something which is why I am playing with the TDA2030 and 2050 boards
Old 19th February 2013, 03:45 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

here are some pictures of my kit, first of all iam impressed, all the capacitors are legit, real wima and so on, and they hold up the capacitance well, so they aint used.
and the pcb has excellent build quality
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2t6xilwyq...%2021%2057.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kqbd7lmnf...%2025%2042.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qqfhzz9cx...%2024%2025.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu08aw7tx8...%2039%2026.jpg
and got good instructions aswell
Old 19th February 2013, 09:44 AM   #28
John8 is offline John8  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

A question to mirmite.
Is the large toroid transformer mounted with metal brackets and a metal through bolt onto your chassis? If so than you will have a serious problem as this constitutes a shorted turn and it will overheat the transformer very quickly. This method of mounting is OK as long as plastic brackets or a nylon through bolt are used.
I thought I had better point this out as I had a similar problem many years ago.

Best of luck with the project.
Old 19th February 2013, 01:45 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Oh yes it is, it has a inner linning of some kind of plastic, and has Theads for a bolt, so i thought it would be ok to mount it like that. Hmm Guess i gotta change the bolt Or bracket
Old 19th February 2013, 05:46 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

ohh now i see, yeah there wount be a short in the transformer it aint a through bolt its two bolts on either side, and there are rubber mat on the bracket aswell.

only one last thing remains on my amplifier, its to connect the grounds, i have connected the ground from the power outlet to both of the chassis, shuld i connect the ground to the gnd of the output aswell ? or to any of the pcbs?

Hide this!Advertise here!