Chip amp hookup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a couple of STK4044 modules. I am about to attempt firing them up. The PCB has labels -VDC, +VDC, Gnd, Gnd, Gnd, +sig, +sig, HP, HP.
I am assuming, that sig+ is the input for each respective channel and HP is the output power from the module. Are all 3 grounds shared in a chip amp like this? Can I feed these modules with a preamp? I have a transformer, rectifier, 6800uF 56Volt capacitors and 500ohm resistors to power these up. Is there anything else I need?
The picture is not very large but may be readable.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 102
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Just a minute.... not very large :D How big did you want it.

I think you need to do some checks before firing it up. The speaker output will go to the coils (+S I would have said, just from you asking and me looking) so thats total uncertainty. Have a measure and refer to the data shhet for the IC to check the inputs, but once the speaker out is determined the other has to be input by default.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 73
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.