Why no 2.1 Tripath boards?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

I suppose it all depends on the final use. I think the original poster mentioned that he had one spare sub and some satellites. For computer or home theater where a coax digital or optical is available that might just be the ticket. If I was starting from scratch I think I'd go miniDSP to the 4-channel HifiMeDiy and have stereo woofers. Massively configurable and the amplifier is a known performer.

Kyle

I suppose it all depends on the final use. I think the original poster mentioned that he had one spare sub and some satellites. For computer or home theater where a coax digital or optical is available that might just be the ticket. If I was starting from scratch I think I'd go miniDSP to the 4-channel HifiMeDiy and have stereo woofers. Massively configurable and the amplifier is a known performer.

Kyle

miniDSP costs as much as the amp :-(

that solution would be completed around $300 which is comparable to the price of ready made amp of the same specs.

miniDSP costs as much as the amp :-(

that solution would be completed around $300 which is comparable to the price of ready made amp of the same specs.

I think that the depth of settings on the miniDSP can't be underestimated, also the ease with which they can be applied. Having an active XO versus whatever is built into the Ebay board makes mixing components MUCH easier.

All that said, that one TPA3123 on eBay is VERY tempting at that price. I suppose it might come down the components being connect.

KM

I think that the depth of settings on the miniDSP can't be underestimated, also the ease with which they can be applied. Having an active XO versus whatever is built into the Ebay board makes mixing components MUCH easier.

All that said, that one TPA3123 on eBay is VERY tempting at that price. I suppose it might come down the components being connect.

KM

You're talking about the TPA3123 2.1 board from XY, right? There is also one from Yuanjing, i'm unsure how good it is.

TPA3123 2.1 25W+25W+50WSUB amplifier board YJ-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

What power supply would you recommend to use this with?
PS: I wonder whether this has an xover somewhere.

I haven't had good experience with a 6.5" inch sub-woofer (83db 1w/1m) with 50 watt/channel Class-D amps.

Much better response from 90 watt/channel amps (or higher) - but as they say YMMV. Plus all amps are not alike, and more efficient (and bigger) drivers will shake the house more.

You're talking about the TPA3123 2.1 board from XY, right? There is also one from Yuanjing, i'm unsure how good it is.

TPA3123 2.1 25W+25W+50WSUB amplifier board YJ-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

What power supply would you recommend to use this with?
PS: I wonder whether this has an xover somewhere.

I don't own that amp so I can't comment on the quality. It looks like a Meanwell switching power supply or something similar would work.

I think someone here need to buy this thing and give it a proper going over! I can't find a review anywhere.

Kyle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.