Using T-amp with just one speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Mono the inputs with a resistive mixer and use small value resistors,
e,g, 0.1R in series with each output terminal, both positive and
negative, to absorb any channel DC offset before paralleling
the outputs to drive a single low impedance loudspeaker.

T-Amps are already bridged, so you can only do parallel.

rgds, sreten.

I was also thinking of getting the DTA 100a
if you ever post your review anywhere please let me know too

T's are already bridged but it seems you can Bi-amp with 2 DTA-100's

Copying from partsexpress.com Q&A
No, the TA2050 chipset is not designed for parallel or bridge tied load (BTL) operation. If you need more power per channel, you could bi-amp your speakers (if possible) using 2 DTA100a's. If you need more power than that (i.e. horribly inefficient speakers or a very large or very acoustically dead listening area) it would be better to use a more powerful amplifier. Having said this, if you are driving the DTA100a directly from a computer or MP3 player, inserting a gain stage (control preamp or equivalent) between the source and the DTA100a may yield more usable output. (The DTA100a is reasonably input sensitive, but the output of some computer and MP3 outputs is often lower that that required to drive the DTA100a to full output. However, be aware that it is also possible to overdrive amp input stages or push the amp to clipping, both of which can cause spurious signal output that can damage speakers. In other words, if it sounds bad, TURN IT DOWN; also if it sounds bad at low levels, TURN IT OFF and rigorously check your signal chain and output connections.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.