I was wondering if someone could help me out...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This may not be an appropriate question to ask here, but I thought that someone at this forum may have an answer for me.

My wife wants a stereo for our kitchen and I was at a thrift shop yesterday and saw a kenwood KR-A48 and thought it would be a cheap solution. I have two 8ohm 100W KS-401HT rear surround speakers I was going to use with it mounted on the wall. I have never used them but I'm sure they work...

So my problem is that I hooked up the receiver to an AM antenna and some random HTIAB speaker to see if it worked at the shop and I was able to get a station and sound worked out of the L and R for speakers A and B. Then I get home with it and I can't get any sound at all. I tried all the inputs and the radio. The headphone jack works with the volume dial for all the inputs. I'm not sure if it's amplified or just applies resistance to the signal.

Does anyone have any quick suggestions to what I can do to make it work?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I can't find anything under that model number on google or bing !

Is it a normal receiver with normal speaker sockets ? Picture of it maybe ?

If headphones work then thats usually a sign most of the circuitry is OK. Question is whether it has a normal output stage or not, and not finding anything on the model I wouldn't like to guess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.