lm1875 fizzing away probelm

Was a good idea to use two lm1875 or a big stk chip

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Arent those lm1875t fakes,also is that 2n3055 fake?,al my chip amps were bought from the same shop and no one worked!coincidence?i might have been scammed,only my tda1517 was from a separate shop,that died from my mistake.
I really dont think those are real chips,they didnt work,i tried the other tda2822m with zobels and it didnt work,also the lm when they worked they sounded like crap

Attachments

• DSCF2980[1].jpg
    DSCF2980[1].jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 198
I told you from the beginning of the thread to use linear supplies, not SMPS.
You don't tell anything about the load: what kind of speakers are you attaching at amp's
outputs ?
I believe that the STK xxx-120 that I own is targeted as a 120 W amplifier, also seeing the transformer and the voltage of the PS caps.

I told you from the beginning of the thread to use linear supplies, not SMPS.
You don't tell anything about the load: what kind of speakers are you attaching at amp's
outputs ?
I believe that the STK xxx-120 that I own is targeted as a 120 W amplifier, also seeing the transformer and the voltage of the PS caps.
i tried the lm1875t on a linear supply,the distorsion is excessive,so i took them apart,so now please tell me if you know,are they original
i tried all my speakers,it sounded like crap,but i really think thats how all lm1875 sound,i would have used a tda 2003 since its better in every way but i needed something to work at 25+-,so please recomend me something else

Last edited:
On which load ?
I would recommend the popular and more powerful LM3886.
Or, since you have showed the popular 3055 transistor, the JLH amplifier.
It reguires a single voltage regulated power supply, around and no more than 30V, and it works in class A
I was thinking about class a since im building a lot of high powered amps,a little one would be needed,but i have split supply 18 0 18 from toroid which after rectification is 25 0 25.
The lm3886 is expensive nd probably too powerful for the toroid so im going with class A

So please link me to a simple class a shematic,which also includes pcbs since my projects built on perfboard never work,maybe because of high contact resistance.
Thanks in advance

I am also building an apex d200 powered at +/- 75v,but i need a smps project for it,i aleardy have one of the pcbs etched and with some components

Attachments

• DIY-Audio-Power-Amplifier-LM1875-bridge-2SA1943-2SC5200-100-Watt.jpg
    DIY-Audio-Power-Amplifier-LM1875-bridge-2SA1943-2SC5200-100-Watt.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 164
  • lm1875 tosibai.png
    lm1875 tosibai.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 160
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.