TDA7375V instabilities

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I'm using a TDA7375V in a breadboard, and seems to be a very good chipamp, the separated grounds are very good to use with a separated preamp. The problem I'm talking about occurs when the volume is raised, when the amplifier enter clipping it starts turning on and off quickly making strange noises. I'm using a 3 K/W heatsink. This also occurs with other power supplies.
Could be a problem in the built in protection system?
Thank you very much for your atention,
Best regards,
Daniel Almeida

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the repply,
Do you think I should try to mount this amp on a PCB layout, the problem is that I tried almost everything in the breadboard even leaving the amp alone and the input directly connected to it without any modules, but it seems to have some problem at the current limiting circuit, but I can be wrong can be a signal injection to ground that is causing this issue.
The problem is that I have broken a pin in the IC and I don't have any TDA7375V actually now I'm using TDA7297, but STA540 is similar isn't it. I think that's easier for me to buy TDA7375V, but I'm afraid of instabilities even in a PCB layout. I don't have PCB expereence .
Best regards,
Daniel Almeida

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Danny,
I was going to say its like a similar thread I saw the other day... and it is... yours :)

Same answers I'm afraid. Attend to layout, grounding and so on and the problems dissappear.

That probably doesn't sound like much help but you have to walk before you can run.

Although its no real answer have you tried connecting the speaker return back to the power supply rather than via the breadboard (if thats how you have it now) ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.