Insulating Pads.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
li_gangyi said:
ermz...he wants Aluminium Oxide stuff...and there's no digikey in Singapore...sorry...

As far as I could tell neither the original question nor the second post by castlesteve, the thread starter, mentioned anything about Aluminum Oxide pads. I simply suggested Digi-Key as a supplier for Silpads of the correct size. On top of that I have no idea why a person in N. Virginia would turn to a Singapore source when he is in the U.S and what he wants is readily available.

Could be my mistake.

Hi All-

I recently priced the AAVID Thermolly insulator by the roll (50 ft.).

The 2 mil thick was $351.00 USD a roll!!!!

After to I recovered from my heat attack I politely said no thanks and am looking for another avenue.

I have not had any luck searching the Digi-Key site for "MultiWatt silipads" as UrSv mentioned.

Is there another name or title the pads could be listed under?

rabstg said:
I have not had any luck searching the Digi-Key site for "MultiWatt silipads" as UrSv mentioned.

um, try harder? ;)

i think the search term you want is sil-pad. or just use "pad" in their rather good search engine and whittle down from there.

i mean this most kindly of course. is the one you want in those results? digi has a lot of thermal pads.

Hi-

I don't know you "ofb" so I will be polite here...

After searching multiple times I called Digi-Key and "Nick" the Tech support guy and Claudia the sales rep could not find ANY insulating pads on their site that were larger than TO-220.

The size needed is TO-220-11.

PS, if you call that a good search engine you haven't Googled...

I don't know you "ofb" so I will be polite here...

no reason not to be.

one thing the digi engine doesn't do is give a result page link, so try this, search with sil-pad, check off Items In Stock, then apply filter to-3. i get eight results. is there a reason you can't cut these down per peter's suggestion? or there something else in the way here?

and isn't to-220-11 the same width but slightly shorter than to-220? digi has a lot of pads for to-220 if that's right.

TO-220-11 is the pin package, same height as the TO-220 but WIDER.

Sil-pad makes the Multiwatt pad (sufix -125) that is the correct size, but neither Digi-key nor Mouser carries it.

I have written them and requested the nearest distributor.

Cutting pads only works in small quantities and when done by competent people. To be included in a kit it needs to be the "right" part.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.