diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Chip Amps (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/)
-   -   TDA2030A kit question (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/223812-tda2030a-kit-question.html)

prezden 18th November 2012 01:34 AM

TDA2030A kit question

I am in the process of building a TDA2030 and came across something in the instructions that I don't understand.
"TDA2030A's cooler base and 3 pins are conductive, you need use silicotic film and insulation rubber ring to insulate IC and cooler"
I understand the film but what are the rubber rings and where do they go?

Thanks!

PedroDeMio 18th November 2012 01:54 AM

they go between the screw head and the TDA package, its only needed if the heatsink have conection with the ground (chassis or something else)

prezden 18th November 2012 05:14 AM

Thanks Pedro
I new about those little washers- thought they were talking about something different.

Mihkus 18th November 2012 08:02 AM

I think its easyer to use only silicone pads and single fastener without need to drill several holes and buy these nasty plastic spacers...

Diverted 10th June 2013 08:56 PM

I have a few questions, and am hoping somebody can help me. I just bought this kit, and am wondering two things:

1. What do I do about a heatsink? One is not included. Any advice on what size to use, how to attach it, etc., would be welcomed.
2. Also, can somebody please tell me how to power this thing? I am a novice, just learning to solder, and have no idea how to get a power source to this unit, or what I should get.
3. If anyone has experience with this unit, can you tell me if I'm right to assume that there is no on/off switch? That the power is controlled by plugging and unplugging it? Thank you!

Minion 11th June 2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diverted (Post 3522111)
I have a few questions, and am hoping somebody can help me. I just bought this kit, and am wondering two things:

1. What do I do about a heatsink? One is not included. Any advice on what size to use, how to attach it, etc., would be welcomed.
2. Also, can somebody please tell me how to power this thing? I am a novice, just learning to solder, and have no idea how to get a power source to this unit, or what I should get.
3. If anyone has experience with this unit, can you tell me if I'm right to assume that there is no on/off switch? That the power is controlled by plugging and unplugging it? Thank you!

Maybe more information about you kit would help us figure it out for you , A picture would speak a thousand words , so please post a picture ...

csom 11th June 2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diverted (Post 3522111)

Please have a look at this page. This is a very exhaustive guide. It has a video too.
Construct a 30-watt amplifier low cost

It shows how to build a TDA2030 Amplifier with step by step guidance.
The circuit is in the PDF download. It also shows how to connect a power supply and tone controls etc.
All the very best. :)

Diverted 11th June 2013 06:31 PM

Thank you so much!