LM1876

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do we get to see the schematic?

Input Cap not added, assume can be fitted at crossover output.
Zobel not added.

Attachments

• LM1876.GIF
    LM1876.GIF
    7 KB · Views: 888
The schematic shows Cs.
You have placed the four Cs capacitors on the PCB, but in the wrong place.
The fast film or ceramic parts of Cs must be at the power pins and must be connected together in the shortest loop possible. The junction so formed is then connected to the corresponding junction of the electrolytic Cs. This common junction for all four Cs caps must be close to the OUTPUT PIN of the amplifier. Now connect the XZobel from OUT to Cs.
That is the ONLY way to allow the very fast rising and falling transients to pass around the Cs decoupling routes. Your decoupling route goes around the outside perimeter of the PCB and is about 10 (ten) times too long to be effective. The added inductance very effectively prevents the fast transients getting to their destination. In addition you have enclosed all the low level signal traces and components INSIDE the loops carrying those output currents. That makes for a good transmitter and receiver of unwanted distortions.

Start again.

Last edited:
Infact, Post # 4 is well descriptive, I read several times to understand what you want to say. Being not an electronics man, I understood few of them.

I tried to copy the style of "LM4780 SS Pcb" which appreciated by many members. My layout may be looks like pinkmouse's pcb but may not technically similar or correct.

But, if I remember "That route can never be short !!!!!!!!!!!!" I should concentrate to another layout.

Best Regards.

"YOUR DREAM DOESN'T HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE. TAKE A DEEP BREATH, AND TRY AGAIN."

Pls just look pdf for my todays job.

Attachments

• LM1876.pdf
    43.5 KB · Views: 207
You are on the right track/trace.
Instead of the Zobel coming to the front of the PCB. Could you take it straight back to the decoupling ground?
Ah! single sided stops that. How about a wire link?
RF filters?
Is Pin10 clean? I would take that to Power Ground, if there is a risk it could contaminate Signal Ground.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.