need more power to drive 10 inch vifa PL26w08 driver which chip to go?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 125RMS continuous 8 ohm vifa PL26W driver which is very good in pure bass..
ive recently build the opa549 and found it sounding very good and far better than I expected.
Now its unable to drive the 10 inch woofer... at the same time i cant bridge them...

some say lm3886 is superior when compared to opa549. Infact i fell in love with 549 but just for power im thinking to go with lm3886. I would like to know if anybody have driven a 10 inch woofer with a LM3886 BPA100? can they really drive the 10 inches...

I had a old yamaha A17 which i sold off once i built the opa549. The yamaha 4 years ago it sounded awesome with the same drivers its rated as 50RMS into 8 ohms but it was still good one a Mosfet amp with sanken devices...

Now i was a bit skeptical since if anybody can give me the input that can they drive the 10 inch hard then i am very much interested to go and design some pcbs for LM3886.

hi Andrew you have very good knowledge I truely respect but like I said now its 21st hour of the day im working continuously but would love to do diy stuff and I respect the people who do it dont take it other way..

regarding the opa549 I see it couldnt drive the 10 inch infact...

1. PSU is 500VA
2. secondary windings are 14-0-14 so resultant is around 20-0-20 after rectification and my other midbass and tweeter are 4 ohms so i had to select the low sec voltage... but i found people saying that opa549 is very good in bass delivery but it didnt workout for me... wat could be wrong?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.