From board to speaker connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm putting together a lm3875 and I think I understand how it is all going to work....except the connectors to the speakers and the wires from the (rca) jacks to the board.

On the loudspeaker connections:
I could really use a suggestion of something I could get at Mouser that is quality but not over the top expensive.

About connections between the pot and the board and the signal. Is it the case that these wires need to be shielded? If not what? Do you use something like bare copper or something else?

I have everything else lined up I think. These last steps might seem trivial, but I'm buying a bunch of stuff from mouser and I could really use some concrete advice.

For speaker connectors, you want binding posts, possibly ones you can insert banana plugs into. Mouser have a good selection there. For a chip amp, ones rated for at least 5A will do.

For signal connections I would personally use screened cable, individually screened to prevent crosstalk between channels. The same sort of twin screened cable you see interconnects made of.

"binding posts"---thanks! I was having a hard time finding them based on what I thought they were called. Mouser puts them under 'test plugs and test jacks.'

At $7 per these are a significant percentage of total cost! Sneaky.

Any comment on the suitability of the Ponomas stocked at mouser?

Where do you get screened cable? What's the most suitable substitute?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.