ANOTHER Torroid question......but bare with me....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm noticing some Torroids on ApexJr and am looking at the Basler he has listed, 120V input Marked at 300 Watt checked out as 500W Output Dual 52V, Dual 10V, 20V, and 6.3V taps. Looking for something inexpensive since I'm probably going to need a couple, one for a LM1875\3875 bi-amp unit, and one for a LM4780 HT amp with 3 4780s. I'm starting to understand alot more as I research and get ready to start building, but this is still the one area I'm fuzzy about. I've been looking at the ones on Parts express, but even thoguh they're the cheapest so far, thats still pricy for someone with my current budget. (damn divorce. Hope she rots in he.... oh sorry. got sidetracked for a sec.)
Would a couple of these serve my needs?

Not only did she leave me, she left me for a coworker 15 years older than her, that freeloaded off her living rent and bill free, that in the end was cheating on her the whole time with ANOTHER coworker that she sat next to every day. Oh and did I tell you she was the only woman I had ever even kissed and we were together for 8.5 years? Met her the day after I moved to New York City. when she told me that she was cheating and wanted a divorce it drove me to the brink of suicide twice.

OK, so back to my perverse question, are any of his torroids going to be able to handle a pair of 4780's or 2 3875's or 1875's?
I want to keep the size of the enclosures down, since the bi-amp is going to be for a PC amp running off my sound card. I know that I'll be giving up some performance by driving so much off of 1 trans. but, if alot of mid-fi recievers can run 5 channels, eq's pre's, decoders, and headphone's off of one, why not a GC with maybe 1 blue LED. (THATS RIGHT BLUE! I KNOW IT'S OVERPLAYED BUT IT STILL LOOKS COOL!!!JUST TRY AND STOP ME!!!!!!!!!:devilr: )

qwad

:angel: MY DEAR FRIEN JCOFFEY, one thing you should never do is let a woman affect you so much that you want to end it all prematurely [ damn the *****es including my 2 ex's] and anybody else in skirts, and that goes for scotsmen and the males in greek millitary who wear them [ nothing against the scots or greeks but to me any man in a skirt or kilt is a bit sus] ;your life is more precious than her so never ever contemplate such a negative course, for tomorrow is another day full of surprises you never know whats around the next corner, who youll meet, you never know it just may be the one that rescues you from the depths of despair... no much better to keep focused on the things that make you feel good;) ; make plans for the future take a trip o/seas and whatever it takes to take your mind off HER!!!! and most of all be POSITIVE!!! that's what I did and I got through it in one piece I think, now where did I leave my gloves oooh its in the drawer with my hands where I left them:smash: along with my head with my bowler on it:D keep on smilin for the whole world will smile with you, know this it takes less energy and muscles to smile than frown so stop wallowing in self pity as I for one though I sympathise at your predicament will only be saddened if you take your own life over what a woman? no way man! as I said earlier none of them are worth it be selfish and think of yourself first and foremost, my friend my heart genuinely goes out to you:bigeyes: cheers and all the best Tomcat.....

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
JCoffey said:
Not only did she leave me, she left me for a coworker 15 years older than her, that freeloaded off her living rent and bill free, that in the end was cheating on her the whole time with ANOTHER coworker that she sat next to every day. Oh and did I tell you she was the only woman I had ever even kissed and we were together for 8.5 years? Met her the day after I moved to New York City. when she told me that she was cheating and wanted a divorce it drove me to the brink of suicide twice.
[snip]

You watch too much Jerry Springer!

Jan Didden

qwad

:smash: dear janneman, yor reply shows why I DON'T like the dutch; much better to keep your smart comments to yourself [ though I suspect being dutch you won't be able to resist having the last word to prove how smart you are; and in this lies your ignorance].... JCOFFEY I am very pleased to hear you managed to overcome this crisis in your life by yourself and staying positive enough to overcome this hurdle, but still life is like that bit like a box of chocolates mr gump talked about in the movie , you never know what you are going to get until you open it[ a pandoras box in otherwords as far as male/ female relationships go; my first wife at one time professed to hate me as did my second, but now they profess their undying love;[ bit late methinks!] as I left the first one and moved out the second with some help from my nephew[ furniture and accumulated junk that she treasured so much] a bit like steptoe... [aka stamford and son for you yanks]phew that was a relief to get rid of her and the rubbish that cluttered the place up, but now some 10 yrs on she would come back at the drop of a hat as would the first as she felt out the likeleyhood about 20 yrs ago and when she heard of the split with the second first thing she did was ring up and ask when she could move in, so don't despair you'll come out a winner yet! on top! cheers and best regards to you and our dutch friend from the lowlands..... :D Tomcat

being dutch

sort-of-offtopic:

idea: a mute switch on the girlfriend-RC !?
schematics, anyone ? ;-)

qwad; being dutch I don't know if it's wise to reply to your post but remember, not all dutch are the same.

JCoffey: i know how you feel / felt . been there too. threw her stuff out of the window (literally). 5 floors up..

how i like the sound of breaking glass

Analogous to the aleph-heatsink story i'd say get really big ones! A friend of mine reccommended me to ~ double the output power (rms) to be on the safe side.

So in your case (50 + 18) x 2 = 120VA for the 3875/1876.

For the 3x4780 (whoaa!) i'd say 60w p/channel *2 stereo *3 chips = 360VA --> ~700VA.

this might be a bit oversized ...

I just ordered 4780 samples. How do you intend to use these chips? stereo or mono. What pcb are you going to use (if any)? more questions than answers from me i'm afraid....

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: being dutch

qwad said:
:smash: dear janneman, yor reply shows why I DON'T like the dutch; much better to keep your smart comments to yourself [ though I suspect being dutch you won't be able to resist having the last word to prove how smart you are; [snip] best regards to you and our dutch friend from the lowlands..... :D Tomcat

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your kind wishes. Does that count as last words or am I off the hook?

Jan Didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.