2.1 channel amplifier schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just build three 100 watt amps in one box. There is not much practical difference between an 80 watt and a 100 watt amp. If you use a preamp or source that gives you a 2.1 output , you don't have to build a crossover for the sub amp. If you are using a stereo output you will need a crossover to feed the sub amp and the main speaker amp.

oh why did that idea didn't come into my mind.well thank's a lot for the reply ashok.actually im still waiting for parts i ordered on ebay.im building this smps+100w sub amp ive seen in the web.
i just want to ask if what's better, if that 3 amps in one box, will i make 3 seperate psu or 1 psu for the 3 amps?
thank's again

This depends on how loud you listen to music and if it is 'critical' listening.
Most amps have pretty decent PSRR and so a common supply would be fine for all 3 amps. However if you play really loud and the bass amp is playing at it's limits the power supply might sag and reduce the output capable by the main channel amps.

Practically I would suggest using a single supply to handle all channels and see how it performs under your listening conditions. If it sounds fine, stop at that. If the supply voltage sags and limits the output of the amps, you could add a separate ( single) supply for the two main amps.
A full discussion on this will require a much longer post but what I've mentioned should be sufficient to get things going and determine if that's enough for you. Ideally all amps should have individual supplies and be capable of delivering the amp's power output plus all losses. Most listening is done at not more than 30% of the full capability of the amp.

ok i think here's what i gonna do i'll just build 3 amps first and try it with only one psu then upgrade it later.i want it loud but not that so much loud that the amp can't handle.it's just for home that if my friends are with me we have something to use for soundtripping or karaoke fun.thank's again anyway

I use an 80 watt per channel amp ( sometimes without the 12 inch sub-80 watts also)
with speakers that have 86dB/watt sensitivity. Goes quite loud. You need to remember that when the reproduced sound is very clean it doesn't 'appear' to be as loud as it really is ! Poor reproduction sounds 'loud' even at low volume. You want to keep lowering the volume level.

i have 2 10inches sub 150w each and 4 8inches midrange speaker about 40w each.my problem is the amp.i have some amp but it can't kick that 10inches sub and if you turn up the volume the sound becomes annoying or broken/cracked.so i search the web and i found this.
ELECTRONICA / components | projects | applications
i will try to build this first for my car/motorcycle then if i succeed ill build another one for home use.by the way im a beginner and im not electronics guy.im just love to build thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.