REPLACE STA540 WITH TDA729X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, im new to this forum, im looking for some help.
I have two 5.1 Systems , Logitech X-530 and X-540
both are great!
X-530 works fine, BUT X-540 IC's are burned
so its easy for me to replace it with STA540
but i want to know, if i can replace it with TDA7294 or TDA7293
since, TDA7294 are used for Logitech Z5500 and most HI-FI systems, this will give me more "sound quality" or at least i will be abble to connect more speakers (only 5 ATM) i want connect 7 speakers.
Am I wrong?
It can be possible?

Here are both datasheets:
STA540.pdf (objeto application/pdf)
TDA7294 Datasheet pdf - 100V - AMPLIFICADOR AUDIO De 100W DMOS CON Mute/st-by - ST Microelectronics

Im very short of knowledge of electronics, but as far i can read on Datasheets, both are 15 pin MULTIWATT, so i can just replace it?
its an easy task like "match" the pin's over the X-540 PCB? or i will blow out the whole system if i use the TDA7294?

Another option i saw was LM3886 but this isnt a 15 pin multiwatt, so will be more difficult??

Simple answer is no - 15 pin multiwatt is packaging, not pin out. First thing you should notice on the spec sheet is the STA540 is 4 separate amplifiers, while the 7294 (and the LM3886) are single amplifiers, and expect a lot of smoke if you just switch them.
The not so simple answer is that either 7293, 7294 or 3886 would be an improvement, but you would have to buy (or make) boards, and heat sinks and mounting would become issues.

BTW welcome to DIY

Simple answer is no - 15 pin multiwatt is packaging, not pin out. First thing you should notice on the spec sheet is the STA540 is 4 separate amplifiers, while the 7294 (and the LM3886) are single amplifiers, and expect a lot of smoke if you just switch them.
The not so simple answer is that either 7293, 7294 or 3886 would be an improvement, but you would have to buy (or make) boards, and heat sinks and mounting would become issues.

BTW welcome to DIY

Hi, thanks for that quick and informative answer, well then i cant just improve that sta540 with any better IC? if the board pcb (Logitech x-540) was made for sta540, i have to stay with it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.