lm3886 amp for my sdx10 sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all, i'm not sure if i should post this in class d, chip amp or subwoofer forum. If i'm wrong then maybe someone could move the thread.

I'm about to build a sdx10 sub in a 43 liter vented box and I feel unsure about which amp to use for my project. I'm thinking of either some lm3886 amps in bridge/parallele or maybe a Yung SD500 plate amp. I found some schematics on the web for lm3886 sub amps but I'm afraid i wont be able to build it all from scratch without buying a kit including the parts needed (which i have not found any). I have also been looking at THIS kit. But it seems to be a little bit too cheap to contain anything related to quality. Am i right or could this ebay kit be used for my sdx10 without any problems?

Any ideas or thoughts? :)

I looks like something I would build, three in parallel and two of those in bridge.

Should have lots of power if done right. Looks like some heavy wire for added for current carrying...not necessarily a bad thing...easier than letting the board use heavy traces to do the job. Allows a good ground plane without going to a 3 or 4 layer board.

However, the seller states that the schematic will not be made available.
You would have to reverse engineer the board to get that information

So you will have to either take the seller's word that it was designed correct or test it yourself.

I am in a similar situation...working on a sub for my fireplace (190-200 ltr) and will eventually need to build an amp...not sure what yet.

have fun

My experience with the LM3886 is that you have to be pretty careful at low frequencies because of the phase shift it causes with some topologies. Depending on the design/feedback cap-resistor time constant you use, it can be negligible or disastrous for bass. I noticed this while running one channel with and one channel without the Ci feedback cap...

If you do it right though, sound quality is great.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.