selecting a chip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so i am new here, and i would like some help on my little project... i want to make a boom box, powered by a 12 volt battery, and i would like a 25-50 watts of power to the speakers... can anyone help me find a chip, that would not be hard to find?

also a schematic of application would be nice :D

Can you see that you cannot get 12.6Vpk (doubled for bridged) from a 12V battery?

Probably not since you have posted the wrong formula for power.
9V & 4.5A is for continuous non varying DC power.
9Vac & 4.5Aac is for alternating current power.
9Vac is >12.7Vpk, 4.5Aac is >6.3Apk.
The power that results from these values is impossible to get from your chipamp.

well i just put to gather the schematic, and it works \o/
there is one problem though... if i turn up the volume on my phone (with wich i tested the schematic) by a few ticks, the sound stops (and the microscheme starts to heat), until i turn it off and on again.
(I am using a 15w 4ohm speaker.)
(is there a possibility, that the speaker drops its rezistance to 0, if it gets too much power, so it doesnt rip, or burst?) this actually seems quite impossible :p
how to avoid this problem?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.