LME49810 with SJEP120R100A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
great parts for sure, but you misunderstand. As I understand it Nelson didnt have anything to do with this part, this part is the 'audio grade' binned assignment of a pre-existing jfet, the R100. Nelson has in the past and still does use the R100, he has been involved in giving them feedback, but the r100 was developed before, it was the first part of theirs he used afaik.

The parts he had input into are the Sit1 static induction transistors, which were a custom spec part he ordered and are not available to the public. the R100A are much more likely to be simply lower spec R100 that didnt quite make the grade for their high end industrial customers applications, but fine for the less demanding audio applications.

onto your query though, you would be better off with the lme49830, the 49810 really needs to be teamed with an intermediate gate driver part to be used with mosfets and the R100 is very similar in its needs to a mosfet. the 49810 is more suited to BJTs IMO, while the 49830 can and does do a good job driving 1 or 2 pairs of fets directly. its pretty much a drop in replacement for a Fet like irf240 but with lower bias voltage.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
QUSP, the distributors/resellers don't have to sign paperwork that they are not making nuclear equipment with the R100A's. The R100's are a different story.
I've listened to both, I cannot hear a difference. I doubt it has to do with quality control. But I've been wrong many times :)

well there has to be some reason, they arent just giving us a gift and they wont have made a new production line for a cheaper part that they wont sell as many of. i'm not suggesting it will in any way effect our usage of them, but there will be some parameter that is deemed to be of no importance to audio. it may well be that it is the same exact part that just doesnt go through as many checks and measures and thus some meet the spec of the 'weapons grade' parts and some dont, but they dont waste the time to find out which is which.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.