opa549 pcb not working...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gone everything right according to standard schematic...
When the input is given from the laptop I get 0 voltage at output of the pcb.

Ive tested the input signal voltage using a voltmeter im getting values ranging from 2mv to 25mv. When I measure at the output Im getting 0 volts. Guess what could be wrong? I think its the preamplifier. I think we need to give more input signal voltage like 1vrms is it so?

I had a yamaha amplifier which is a integrated amplifier and had CD RCA input and it worked fine with the same input from the laptop It had Sanken mosfets.

I think its the signal voltage what do u say guys.. I have checked the schematic 10 times its right no mistakes there even the polarity of bypass caps is fine..

what do you say....

please help me it seems that all the circuit is made accordingly but it doesnt work... no hint of sound coming from the speaker...
checked the power supply 14-0-14 after rectific im getting 19.75-0-19.75

I think I can try point to point and workout something out of this... but i doubt that the above schematic works properly or not..

Last edited:
heeyyyyyyy man ive got that connected to ground. I started to sing!!!!!...

I ran that for 2 hours now its much more better than what I thought the mids are fabulous and highs doest have that resolution... bass is not yet opened...

I think it needs atleast 50hrs or initial burning time.... does it require that much time to open up...

i feel it is better than what I thought especially in vocals its not edgy in any end its kind.

I had a discrete amp bought 6 years ago which had many mylar capacitors used probably 20 and when I bought it and my initial hours were horrible i thought why the hell i got this amp.... after few days of usage they opened up....

But with this chip its looks decent in first few hours.... I think it will improve better than what it is...

Things im thinking to change..
whats there now is input cap is 1uf Metalized Polyster want to replace this with two .47uf Metalized polyprop with .1uf polystyrene caps

The decoupling caps are 100uf/100v want to add .1uf polystyrene caps parallel to them..

I have a strange crackling noise once I increase the input from my pc.. what could be the reason.

In the first few minutes even small increment of input was resulting in crackling sound and after few hours its disappearing and at higher input values its crackling again...
what could be the reason will it disappear as burn in?

any suggestions are welcome... thank you very much for the inputs...

im using carlos snubber and after 15hrs of breakin I found that the highs are not yet opening completely... what could be the reason why its getting less high response?

I changed the input cap from 1uf to 4.7uf and it didnt improve the high frequency intensity...

what can be done for this or shall I wait till 40 to 50hrs of burnin time..?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.