Ebay kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been looking at the 3886 kits on ebay, as far as price goes they are pretty cheap.

Anybody got any good or bad feedback on any kits available. I prefer to get it and build as per instructions, not yet good enough to start changing stuff.

Anyway what i want to build is a 4 channel 3886 with 2 used as speaker output and 2 bridged to power a sub. planning on dual mono for output speakers plus single transformer for sub. 3 transformers, 2 x kits.

At around £30 and free post it seems a good price.

I was just looking to see if anyone had got products that were either a complete waste or if there was actualy some good kits.

I got a 4780 kit from audiosector and the amp is a great piece of kit, i want to do another, but my budget is tight so i am looking at the cheaper kits. If I had the extra cash I would certainly use audiosector or chipamp, but if a lot of people have had dodgy stuff off ebay, maybe the price is not so tempting.

Just getting feedback before i commit.

I bought 16 chip-amp PCB's from a Hong Kong seller for a project.
All failed to work.
One plated-through hole wasn't through-plated so easily fixed.
I tried to inform the seller but I just couldn't get him to understand. The only reply he gave me was he'd sold thousands......
Successful outcome though.
Frank

Next time, try to use the "Search" feature of the forum before asking a question that has been asked 10's of times before...

For instance, here is a thread that I posted in:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/196123-lm3886-pcb.html

I have purchased over 20 LM3886 chip amp boards via Ebay and all have worked 100%. Check my post #21 to see which I am referring to. Avoid boards with onboard power supply, protection, etc.etc. Just get the single channel board that is shown in my post and you will be fine.

-Charlie

Please don't paint all eBay vendors with the same brush. I have done business with three or four who not only insure their parts are genuine but are more than willing to provide extended free customer support. I can PM some references if the need exists.
I agree. I think it is very unfair to paint all ebay (perhaps more to the unspoken point is 'China') vendors with that brush. I too have dealt with 2-3 vendors and spent hundreds of dollars, and never have received a faulty product yet. I consistently deal with a favorite seller, who answers all my questions and even provides tech support on occasion. He offers a broad selection of kits, modules, assembled products and misc parts. Sure the shipping seems high, but I don't blame the seller for that. I often place multiple item orders and request he ship via 'express'. He does and often gives me a refund. I often request special orders and/or spare parts and he always quotes me a fair price. My only wish is that he was down the street instead of halfway around the world! :D

Rick

Assembled TDA7294 2.1 channel Power amp board with speaker protection -Upgraded | eBay

I'm looking for decent 2.1 board... Any experiences with this one? What about seller and his writings that TDA7294's are genuine? I can hardly believe that any 7294 board on ebay is legit.

Thanks.
I can't vouch for that particular product, but along generally serves up quality items. I have bought many of his products - and depending upon what it is, is generally of superior quality. That particular product looks like it would provide the guts to a nice, modest integrated amp - at a fair price.

Rick

What about seller and his writings that TDA7294's are genuine? I can hardly believe that any 7294 board on ebay is legit.

About a fortnight ago I bought a batch of TDA7293 at my local e-market. They turned out to be fakes - they're re-marked TDA7294s. Evidence for that was easy to find - pin5 is internally not connected. I took them back and tried another vendor with the same result. I don't think either guy had any idea they were fakes. My third attempt at getting TDA7293 is buying them second hand on Taobao - waiting for delivery now. I can't figure out what lesser part could be persuaded to pose as a faked up TDA7294 though - anyone with any ideas?

I suggest anyone wanting real TDA7293s buys them on a known working paralleled board, not as separate parts unless you can persuade the seller to test pin5 first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.