Ebay kits - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th September 2012, 08:52 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Surely most/many of the ebay lm3886's are going to be fake though?

-while im on this, can you bias this chip further into class A?
Old 13th September 2012, 09:00 PM   #12
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Please don't paint all eBay vendors with the same brush. I have done business with three or four who not only insure their parts are genuine but are more than willing to provide extended free customer support. I can PM some references if the need exists.
Old 18th September 2012, 12:20 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Assembled TDA7294 2.1 channel Power amp board with speaker protection -Upgraded | eBay

I'm looking for decent 2.1 board... Any experiences with this one? What about seller and his writings that TDA7294's are genuine? I can hardly believe that any 7294 board on ebay is legit.

Thanks.

Last edited by moriendi; 18th September 2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 18th September 2012, 01:38 AM   #14
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

Wow! lookit all those Wongs Noodle / Aerospace Research Company's PS capacitors.
Must be at least $3 worth fitted on there.
How can you doubt the quality ?? Nothing but Cynics on here :-)
Old 18th September 2012, 08:39 PM   #15
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmbob View Post
Please don't paint all eBay vendors with the same brush. I have done business with three or four who not only insure their parts are genuine but are more than willing to provide extended free customer support. I can PM some references if the need exists.
I agree. I think it is very unfair to paint all ebay (perhaps more to the unspoken point is 'China') vendors with that brush. I too have dealt with 2-3 vendors and spent hundreds of dollars, and never have received a faulty product yet. I consistently deal with a favorite seller, who answers all my questions and even provides tech support on occasion. He offers a broad selection of kits, modules, assembled products and misc parts. Sure the shipping seems high, but I don't blame the seller for that. I often place multiple item orders and request he ship via 'express'. He does and often gives me a refund. I often request special orders and/or spare parts and he always quotes me a fair price. My only wish is that he was down the street instead of halfway around the world!

Rick
Old 18th September 2012, 08:42 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

That's all nice... But can somebody tell me is that kit, which I have linked above, considerable for decent 2.1 setp? At least from design point of view.
Old 18th September 2012, 08:49 PM   #17
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriendi View Post
Assembled TDA7294 2.1 channel Power amp board with speaker protection -Upgraded | eBay

I'm looking for decent 2.1 board... Any experiences with this one? What about seller and his writings that TDA7294's are genuine? I can hardly believe that any 7294 board on ebay is legit.

Thanks.
I can't vouch for that particular product, but along generally serves up quality items. I have bought many of his products - and depending upon what it is, is generally of superior quality. That particular product looks like it would provide the guts to a nice, modest integrated amp - at a fair price.

Rick
Old 18th September 2012, 08:54 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Thanks mate, that's an answer I was hoping to hear. I took a look into his shop, some fine products there.
Old 20th September 2012, 02:59 AM   #19
routhun is online now routhun  United States
diyAudio Member

I second Rick, I bought several kits from Along. He provides quality stuff for the price. He responds very quickly to our questions.

I bought several items from these sellers never received a bad product.
Old 20th September 2012, 03:58 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriendi View Post
What about seller and his writings that TDA7294's are genuine? I can hardly believe that any 7294 board on ebay is legit.
About a fortnight ago I bought a batch of TDA7293 at my local e-market. They turned out to be fakes - they're re-marked TDA7294s. Evidence for that was easy to find - pin5 is internally not connected. I took them back and tried another vendor with the same result. I don't think either guy had any idea they were fakes. My third attempt at getting TDA7293 is buying them second hand on Taobao - waiting for delivery now. I can't figure out what lesser part could be persuaded to pose as a faked up TDA7294 though - anyone with any ideas?

I suggest anyone wanting real TDA7293s buys them on a known working paralleled board, not as separate parts unless you can persuade the seller to test pin5 first.

Hide this!Advertise here!