capacitor burn in times? does it needs signal? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th August 2012, 06:03 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Location: Barrio Garay,Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by es44 View Post
Frankly, I stopped reading here: "The disc can also demagnetise audio and audio-visual components".
Can people really fall for this?
It is strongly stupid. And if it demagnetizes my speakers, what shall I do???
Old 16th August 2012, 06:11 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

It means the LITTLE stuff, that might be magnetized like a connector.
Old 16th August 2012, 06:15 PM   #13
cbdb is offline cbdb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
the required signals feature lots of high-speed activity coupled to some high-amplitude excursions.
Just like most pop music! What a load of crap.
Old 16th August 2012, 06:36 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by es44 View Post
Frankly, I stopped reading here: "The disc can also demagnetise audio and audio-visual components".
Can people really fall for this?
All you need to do is get a "wing" cd and play it, then anything you play after it will sound awesome.
Old 16th August 2012, 07:09 PM   #15
cbdb is offline cbdb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
It means the LITTLE stuff, that might be magnetized like a connector.
And any signal with zero DC (like music) will do this.
Old 16th August 2012, 07:31 PM   #16
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmsandy View Post
is it really necessary to send the signal through the caps or just turning on the amp for like 5 days should do the break in ?
Skip this, just use the amp!
Old 17th August 2012, 11:53 AM   #17
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Although I generally subscribe to "Let sleeping dogs lie" the temptation was too great so I shot off a message to the folks at Isotek asking if they would like to comment on or enter into our discussion. In general they don't post in forums cause that would take the better part of their time.

They did however suggest I simply post a link to what is considered an independent review and let the readers come to their own conclusions.

6moons audio reviews: IsoTek System Enhancer

Their reply included the following:

The CD is based upon simple science and excited intelligently. The Demag is simply down to components within equipment becoming negatively charged. Frequencies with the correct algorithm help change this. Its no voodoo - simple mathematics and careful production. The burn-in again works with specific frequencies and the correct mathematical algorithms. One could play wide bandwidth classical music, but it still wouldn't be as good.

So it would appear that comments like "Just use the amp", "Get a Wing CD", "... any signal with zero DC (like music) will do this" - and my own "Just play Stravinsky's Rite of Spring" are all essentially correct. Isotek (and others) have simply taken the time to zero in on the frequencies, sound patterns and modulations that prove to be most effective - a simple distillation of a myriad of possibilities with a scientific selection process.

Of course everyone can approach "burn-in" from their own point of view, Hopefully the body of knowledge has been increased just a smidgen via the conversation. or or
Old 17th August 2012, 12:09 PM   #18
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Is a positive review on 6moons supposed to be a plus point for a product?

I would love to know the "simple science" and "simple mathematics" they claim to use. And 'Demag' (presumably demagnetisation?) reduces negative (electric?) charge? Vendors of this sort of stuff never learn; better to remain silent and mysterious than talk nonsense and provide ammunition for people who actually know a bit of science. However, they feel they have to have a story and it has to sound 'scientific' (to non-scientists).

Quote:
a scientific selection process.
I very much doubt it.
Old 17th August 2012, 12:53 PM   #19
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

O.K. I'll bite.

I would submit that any review should be approached as a source of information - be it complementary or derogatory. We all have the ability to determine the value of the content therein, based on our own knowledge and experience.

In this case it would appear the term "scientific" refers to an organized predetermined approach as opposed to a random "hope for the best" non-formatted process. Personally, I couldn't make it past the first page in my daughters calculus text book, and it took weeks for me to learn the correct pronunciation of "algorithm" - that didn't prevent me from understanding that such formulaic tools are useful in both solving problems and collecting data.

Let me ask - are you assuming that every item on this page was developed without the involvement of a single employee with "Real Scientific" knowledge? If so, I would have to say their "Product Promotion Department" has powers never before seen by man.

Perhaps there might be at least one "man behind the curtain" there in that corporation (maybe hidden in a closet) that made it much deeper into the calculus textbook than I and many others.

What do you think?
Old 17th August 2012, 12:55 PM   #20
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

thinking out loud, have you ever read a negative review on any reviewing magazine? ever?

Hide this!Advertise here!