Natioinal Semi opamps on Ebay - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2012, 04:10 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Natioinal Semi opamps on Ebay

Can anyone answer if the LM3886T and LM4562 opamps on Ebay being sold by the Chinese resellers are legitimate real chips or are they knockoffs? The prices look good but I don't want to purchase fake copies of these chips. Anyone have any experience with these resellers?

Steven
Old 11th August 2012, 07:37 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I got an email reply from one of the resellers on Ebay and he said he had no idea if the chips were legitimate. Basically had no idea and didn't even really know what he was selling and he was one of the highest rated resellers on that page. I am going to stay with Digikey or someone like that for the prototypes. I'm not saying that all the chips on Ebay are fake but how would you know?
Old 11th August 2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Mooly is online now Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Always stick to authorised suppliers for parts. It can be very difficult to identify some counterfeits.

And all said and done, you might always wonder whether that opamp or power transistor was what is should be or was it some lesser device.

Stick to the big name suppliers
Old 11th August 2012, 08:40 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Mooly,
Very correct you are on that point and the savings in dollars are not much anyway. Besides the wait time to receive these parts is longer than the domestic suppliers. I think I can drive to one of the suppliers and just pick them up. Now to decide which chips for the xo and I am ready to start this project. I tried to read one of the threads on which people liked and it was a ******* contest. So many people are just swapping one opamp for another in the same exact circuit and this just doesn't seem right to me. I think it would be much more helpful it there was a comparison of the same opamps and different approaches to implementing those. Then you are at least comparing apples to apples. Thank you for all of your great response. I got flamed earlier for trying to answer a question about someone's outdoor barbeque speakers trying to make subsonic sound. I'll stay out of those conversations for now.

Hide this!Advertise here!