TDA7560 Questions from newbeginner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well that depends on what impedance speakers you will be running it on. if you use only 4 ohm speakers a 150VA transformer will do and if you use two ohms a 300Va this larger transformer will be good for 4 or 2 ohm loads. to stay on the safe side i woud use a 9 volt transformer. after rectification you will get just over 12 volts. you will need some pretty decent size psu smoothing capacitors say 10000uF.

halogen lamp toroidal transformators have 11,5 Vac secundary.
Will yield something cloe to 16 16.5 Vdc after rectifier and smoothing.
perfect for the amp.
You can find those, go as madtecchy suggested, 300 Va is what You need.
25V rated filter caps, probably 10000uF might be small if are 4 channels have a load of 2 ohms.
Won't hurt to add a nother of those :D

I suggested a 9 volt transformer so has to make sure that the IC isnt running at max voltage if the mains voltage is high. I was thinking about a regulated psu but at the current needed it will be a bit over the top.. I think this Ic would run ok on a computer PSU plenty of current to be had and cheap .

allso beware, pc psu has a turn on voltage surge, if the IC is connected (even if its OFF state) it might instantly kill it. (actualy i know from practice that it will...)
if you follow that route, then You need dummy loads to +5 and +12 rails (small lightbulb will do)
and delayed relays to absolute disconnect the IC from the PSU untill the turn on surge decays.
Otherwise it will get overvolted, and end up dead, doing nothing at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.