Asus Xonar DS(Op Amp upgrade)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

Im looking to replace the OP AMP on my soundcard(Asus Xonar DS)..and would like some help in this regard(as im pretty new to this).Im currently using a LME 49720MA with an adaptor but i feel i could find one that fits my taste better.

What i want:
Clean but not too sharp sound(with balanced treble and midtones..midtones can be a bit warm , i like that..on the bass side..well it should "kick"..and "shake" a lil`, not too much tho...)and a wide soundstage.

Ive read a bit about the OPA2228PA and AD8066ARZ how to these op amps fit my criteria?(..i havent listen to them and ordering it takes a while)

Any other sugestions are very welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Well ive read that before and tho it gives me some insight about the OPA2228 its not that clear to me on many others.
Allso let me specify something..im a noob when it comes to electronics in general even tho i have basic knowledge..Op Amps are way over my head..thats why im here for help ..Is there any guide like Op Amps for dummys or something?

I order my parts at Farnell...based on the specs what should i be looking for...i look at the specs and feel completly useless.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.