My_Ref Fremen Edition RC - Build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't quit quitting !!! :up: You have the support of us all.

First of all, sorry to hear about your headaches and other nicotine side effects, but keep the faith. We are with you in spirit.

Don't worry and thanks for your support. :)

As for the quote above, I apologize for the confusion. I think the FE sounds fine, just like it is. I am very happy with mine.

Nothing to apologize for... ;)

I'm happy you're enjoying your amp.

My questions about how you choose components was because I am about to start a new crossover and feedback board for my subwoofer. I wanted to learn how you started component selection.
(...)
In the meantime, I've already learned a lot about which components to start with. Perhaps, once I have confirmed my component values, I can PM you for suggestions on capacitors and resistors.

PM (or better email) me, it would be off-topic here, IMHO.

PS
I've finally received your caps, I hope to try them this WE.

pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    808.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 101
Today I connected MyRef FE, No smoke, relay clicked, Light Glowing, but no sound, how to track what is the error.

OK

How to do measurement.

There are a lot of measure that can be taken... we'll see them as we go on with troubleshooting.

When spike protection will be activated?

It's not your case, IMHO, usually you hear sound when SPiKE triggers.

Is this the way to measure DC Offset?

No, you must select Vdc on the multimeter (mV range)

And One channel is getting warmer when compared to other. Other one is cool not at little little warmer.

I would start checking connections, can you post a pic of the transformer label?

After that you'll check DC offset.

Yes, Dario I have sound. It sounds well. But I expected more. The problem i identified is one of the transformer. I checked one board at a time using one transformer, it sounds fine. Then connected both the boards to separtate transformer, no sound one board and measured the DC volt, it went high. I dont know what would be the reason. I will post more information later.

Thanks
Badri

I feel like it sounds little harsh. Though I am using a below average kenwood speakers for testing. I have to test with MA Rx6. Anyone knows what would be the problem with the transformer. Using one transformer the DC Offset it is showing is .452 by setting DMM to 2.
Any idea?

There's no label on the transformer?

Possibly you wired it incorrectly.

Regarding sound It could depend on a lot of things... source, burn-in, some component orientation ( did you turned again R11s?) and so on.

First thing is to have two working modules and listen in stereo ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.