My_Ref Fremen Edition RC - Build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cell Phone Pic #1

Okay I will give it a try.

Attachments

• 20160417_101848.jpg
    20160417_101848.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 374
Friends, listening test is in progress....one word : simply Fantastic, very fantastic amplifier.

Dario you are GREAT :D

My reference for over 10 years is an OTL Circlotron homebuilt that has never been surpassed by any other amplifier.
The MyRef Fremen Edition is the same level, I have no doubt.
I also built the "MyRef A version of Penasa" .... great amp ... but the Fremen is absolutely superior in everything.

Pic! :)

Upgrading "green" cct board components?

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I have a green board (2012) with all the recommended tweaks (i.e. best components) that were suggested at the time.
Since then, are there any component changes (for improved SQ) I should be seriously considering for my version of the board?

Thanks

Thanks Dario.

Just found the latest BOM and will check against the BOM I used a while back.

Can't help myself now :) - do you think the cct design changes in the latest v1.7 boards (when compared to my green board) are making a significant improvement along with the component changes?

Absolutely, you should look on the build thread, there's an update BOM on the Google Drive.

Thanks Dario.

Just found the latest BOM and will check against the BOM I used a while back.
You're welcome, did you look at this one?

Can't help myself now :) - do you think the cct design changes in the latest v1.7 boards (when compared to my green board) are making a significant improvement along with the component changes?

Looking at measurements, yes, distortion is 10 times less.

But it was already very low also on previous boards that I'm not sure the difference is audible, at least not obvious.

Hey Dario, (or anyone)

Have you been able to locate a source for affordable R-Core transformers? I've looked around a bit but they still don't appear to be readily available in the U.S.

If you feel they offer a significant increase in performance, I would be interested and willing to head a small group buy for current and previous State side FE builders. Might be able to pull something off with Antek or PE.

These are the most promising sources for do far, but as always quantity effects price/freight. Also sent an inquiry to ApexJr but no reply yet.

Source 1

Source 2

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.