diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Chip Amps (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/)
-   -   Which chip amp can play sweet sound, need your experience (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/216747-chip-amp-can-play-sweet-sound-need-your-experience.html)

ataul 25th July 2012 06:48 AM

Which chip amp can play sweet sound, need your experience
 
Hi friends

I want to build an active crossover sound system with chip amp for my living room. I know others discrete or tube amp sounds better then chip amp but chip amp is easy to build and compact and some chip amp sounds really good.I am puzzling :hypno2:to select by which chip amp i can starting.:confused: I have already in my junk box LM3886, LM1876,TDA2009A,or i can manage any part no.

abraxalito 25th July 2012 06:51 AM

Sweet sound is more a function of the layout - I have experience with LM3886, LM1876 and others - they can all perform well so long as the circuit and layout are done right. So decide how much power you want and choose accordingly.

ataul 25th July 2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abraxalito (Post 3103681)
Sweet sound is more a function of the layout - I have experience with LM3886, LM1876 and others - they can all perform well so long as the circuit and layout are done right. So decide how much power you want and choose accordingly.

Thanks for quick reply Mr abraxalito. My need between 30 to 100w/Ch. LM3886 have many lay out in the internet can u suggest me which one can i picked up?

abraxalito 25th July 2012 07:05 AM

Suggest you look at AudioSector (Peter Daniels) - from looking at layouts, his look to be the best. But I think he uses LM3876 so perhaps small changes might be needed.

danielwritesbac 26th July 2012 08:17 PM

*Can" play sweet sound? All of them. Easiest to tune any way you like including sweet sound? LM1875.

My favorite trick is LM1875 Parallel driving a double woofer (4 ohm) speaker such as an MTM. That gets you the power for realism, the big current and the impact (that sort of speaker also gives lower LE figure for half the peakish and a half price inductor) and you still got to use the easiest chip for nice sound. If there was a quick pat answer for easy economical high fidelity audio, that's it.

rob g 26th July 2012 09:47 PM

lm3886s sound lovely in the Linkwitz Pluto 2.1. bridged on the bass/mid, single unit for the treble.

AmadeusMozart 27th July 2012 01:58 AM

The LM1875 comes closest to a "tube" like sound, the LM3886 closer to a "solid state" sound. However you can change it to a partial current feed and then is sounds like a tube amplifier without the distortion. What do you want the sound to sound like and how loud do you want to go? Stating 30 - 100 Watt without knowing your music, loudness requirements and what speakers you are going to drive is not enough information to give advice.

Einric 27th July 2012 02:02 AM

I would run a LM4780 in Parallel to get plenty of power from a single chip.
LM4780 has two LM3886's on board.
You should easily be able to get 100W out of that.

ataul 29th July 2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einric (Post 3105797)
I would run a LM4780 in Parallel to get plenty of power from a single chip.
LM4780 has two LM3886's on board.
You should easily be able to get 100W out of that.

Einric, thank u first to reply, i think high power is not necessary for sweet sound reproduction.To reproduction of sweet sound needs others things,what is the others things and where i will get it that is the question.Why some amp sounds sweet? what is the magic behind this?

ataul 29th July 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielwritesbac (Post 3105489)
*Can" play sweet sound? All of them. Easiest to tune any way you like including sweet sound? LM1875.

My favorite trick is LM1875 Parallel driving a double woofer (4 ohm) speaker such as an MTM. That gets you the power for realism, the big current and the impact (that sort of speaker also gives lower LE figure for half the peakish and a half price inductor) and you still got to use the easiest chip for nice sound. If there was a quick pat answer for easy economical high fidelity audio, that's it.

Daniel,At least 10years back i tried with this LM1875 that was nothing special I remembered that sound was very clean but something missing.Yes i have played that amp one to one and half year.not bad it was!! but i remembered that little noisy TDA2030A was my good feverish.TDA2030A sounds like crispy but no magic.TDA 2009 have some magic of sweetness in 8Ohm load but very low power, only 6+6 watts into 8Ohm.
I have old Chario Cinthear tower speaker, three way. Dome tweeter and 6.5 Inch mid band is front facing and another 6.5 inch low band is floor firing bass reflex. deliver true flat sound. bass is no deep
I want to go for active crossover system.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2