Help me choose which of these amps for ribbon tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could always bridge the 3886s, i mean regardless of the woofer spl you lose alot of spl in compensation of the dipole roll off anyway.

Or just use a tweeter that can keep up, since you'll run out of thermal headroom. I.e. I quite like thatmost tweeters are more efficient than woofers. In a HE system that seems to go out the window. Id rather be rattling woofers than pushing tweeters.

Last edited:
Good question. I don't know tbh but I would suspect the former. The impedance curve is quite flat (about 10 Ohms) and slightly rise at 20kHz (transformer effect).

From Zaph's measurments of this ribbon tweeter, a natural 5 or 6dB/octave rising response curve is apparent. of this tweeter. 15-20 degrees off-axis, the LCY is flat but at 88 or less dB in sensitivity. Rated 92 dB is only reached at 20kHz, on axis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.