newbi chip amp questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it's okay, you made sure I had the right parts and a schematic on how to build it. I tried a couple of times to wire it up and got it wrong, but I finally got it to work. so I've got the bug. someone should pat you on the back :D

I was curious about the power supply. I wasn't sure if I needed one because I'm using a battery with this amp and I thought that's what the big capacitor was for.

I'll look around the forum for how to's on building a power supply.

i will be on vacatio for a week.
Sorthof homework like, look up what is a capacitor, powersupply decoupling, filtering EMI and EMI, how a transformer works.
What is a bridge rectifier, and what it does.
What is RMS voltage value.

These terms can be googled, and wikipedia has good entrys about it too.
Transformers Part 1 - Beginners' Guide to Electronics
allso a good read.

When i get back, is next monady.
Bump this thread up, then we will work out what You need as a powersupply.
So we can build one.

The 9v battery is a verry clean powersource, but since its only 9v, it limits the power of Your amplifier. Out of 9v it can get at best 7 to the output, considering an 8 ohm load that yields 6 watts or so. As of yet i do not know what speakers are You plan to drive with them, but i seen Your threads, seems You are intrested in speaker building.
We can design one later :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.