TDA2030 for 3w speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi for all,
can any one help me, i have a complete pcb made with two tda2030 recovered from a broken stereo systems but i need to connect it to 3w speaker only, so how can i adapt it and what is the recommadation for the powersupply(voltage and current),

thanks for all in advance

Post a picture and note the value and voltage of any large capacitors. Note that there is a TDA2030 and a TDA2030A. The A version is rated for more power. What impedance is your speaker? A single rail 12V or 15V supply will probably allow a single chip to make 3W.

hi Mr Loud Thud, thanks for your reply, I have made some photo, and for the speaker is 3w 4R and the amplifier use 2x12v AC in, for the output capacitor it is directly connected to the speaker.

Attachments

• Photo0952.jpg
    Photo0952.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Photo0953.jpg
    Photo0953.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 200
The simplest way is just to not turn it up too loud.

I know that sounds flippant but try considering just limiting the input signal.

You could fit a resistor in series with the volume control for example.

The TDA2030 is rated at 18W in its H form.

If the volume control is 10K, placing a 10K resistor in series with it will limit the power to 1.8W.

thanks Mr KatieandDad, good idea, I will try it, but I have read in the in the datasheet for TDA2030 the minimum power describes in the fig. 1 in Page. 4 is 4w for +-Vs=8v for 4R speaker, and I am not sure if I use +-6v for 3w output are ideal or not for the global quality of sound, another little question if I use +-6v AC transformer what current I need 'because I have a little transformer 2x6A 0.8A

output power you need multiplyd by 2 will allways be enough for powersupply side of things.
example, one needs mmm.. 2x 6 watt, then its 12w*2 = 24 VA psu.
Divide this by the voltage required by the amp, let it be for sake of example 10 volts.
Tadaaa,, 2.4 A current rating is surely enough.

Most probably the 3 watt speaker you have will take less than 3 watt input power.
I would not go verry close to minimum PSU voltage, nor maximum.
Stay at a healthy +-12 DC as supply voltgae for the chip.
IF, You find it way too easy to overdrive the speakers, then use a voltage divider at the input to reduce input signal.

Regarding Your little transformer, is that 2x6 V DC, or AC ?
If it is AC, then it will work. And current rating is allso okay.
If it is DC, then it is a bit on the edge of usability, chipamps do not like to be operated close to minimum supply voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.