Repairing left channel in Lepai 2020 ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All.

I'm amplifier stupid. I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I try and offer lots of help in the speaker categories. So I'm hoping I can receive some help here.

Lately, the left channel in my $20 lepai 2020 for my desktop started crapping out. Now it doesn't come on at all, unless I press my finger down on this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It says 100 on top of it, and 150 beside it. I assume the solder connection has been broken.

Do I have to replace this part? Or do I just re-solder it? I'm not much of one for electronics, so please, easy :eek:

Thanks.

I'd resolder everything which is near the area.
The part that you have indicated is an output inductor.
It looks like there is a relay sitting beside the inductor. It's possible that one of the contacts on the relay isn't making a good connection.
If the problem is the relay, it will cost more to replace the relay than to replace the entire amplifier.

I'd resolder everything which is near the area.

I thought that might be the recommendation. You don't wanna see my soldering. Even my speaker cross overs are ugly :eek:

Ok, so to do this on the bottom of the board, I'll just reflow the solder there?

If the problem is the relay, it will cost more to replace the relay than to replace the entire amplifier.

Ha! Ya, that sounds about right. When I push down on that the left channel comes back in. So it could be either I suppose. Here's hoping it's a solder connection.

Thanks for the help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.