About TDA7250/TDA1514A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have built and used a TDA1514A powered by a 18V-0-18V@10A transformer and 4pcs 4,700uf per rail (8 in total). I have used it for awhile and have excellent result. Later I used it to power 2 10" sub in a push-pull config. Excellent result again. :D

So good that a friend bought it! An example of a diy hobby that makes you some money for more diy hobby! :cool:

Hope this helps,
JojoD

schematic

this is what i used. you can omit the caps between the rails if your psu is good enough and placed close to the ic.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,908
TDA7250 Amp

Hi MaXiZ

You are almost there with your TDA7250. It will work with +-35V. Though 2.5A is not enough for maximum power output, it is not an immediate problem as you don't need the power now. What you want is to get the amp to work first.

Are you using TIP142 AND TIP147?

Here are some pictures on how I tested the TDA7250

Having trouble designing a power supply for the tda1514a

Glad to know that the TDA1514a is getting some rave reviews, because I've chosen it in a design I'm working on for a 5-channel power amp for my PC (left, right, 2xrear + centre).

The 10A quoted in an earlier post is based, I think, on a website which suggests providing 5A per TDA1514 chip. I suspect this is overkill. I started on this assumption for my 5 channel amp, and ended up having to buy a nuclear power station just for the power supply. :devilr:

I am now working on the assumption that the power requirement is 1.5 x (output power) - from another website (cannot remember that one, either :cannotbe:). I am planning on powering the amp with +/- 22v. Therefore, I am assuming that 2A is more than enough for each amp, and that 10A enough for my whole project. If anyone knows why this is not a good set of assumptions, please let me know!

I'm going for a +/- 22v supply for a couple of good (or so I thought) reasons. First, it is below the maximum allowed in the datasheet for both 8ohm and 4ohm operation, so I don't need to switch the voltage down if the speaker is changed. Second, it is close to the maximum voltage, so I get the maximum output from the amp - is this correct? What affect is there on the chip by running at lower voltages?

My big problem ATM is the power supply. I'm planning on rectifying the output from a 2x25v transformer (toroidal), and then passing this through a voltage regulator. Problem is building a voltage regulator tough enough. I've seen a posting (http://www.pclincs.co.uk/Forums/showthread/t-293.html) which shows how to use an ordinary (1A) regulator together with some power transistors to deliver a high current. I have this in mind as the solution to use. Having worked out how to get a variable Voltage regulator to deliver 22v @ 1A, I am not sure now of the component values to use.

I believe I want a regulated voltage supply, to avoid odd effects in the amplifier when the unregulated supply wanders around.

Some help and advice in resolving my power supply problems would be really appreciated - thanks in advance ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.