Big problems. HELP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have not looked into whats available plug & play below the price of a prebuilt LM3886 based amp on ebay for 50+ dollars + shipping.

And after experiencing the lepai amp, i would not pay a dime less than that of a preassambled XY TDA7293/LM3886 kit or the non assambled kit, even if it needs a chassi and transformer.

The XY TDA7293/LM3886 kits on ebay is in my opinion the cheapest true high fidelity/high end sound you can get for money.

I used the power supply that followed with the amplifier. Then I cut it off before the adapter since I am using a car battery. The reasen why I use a 12V battery is that I have to use it at the Roskilde Festival. That is why im using a amp which uses so little energy.

So a 2 A fuse would fit this setup good? It says in the description that the amp has a 12V 6A in input power. Would the power supply with 2A work(linked earlier)???

Thanks for the answers by the way

Are you planning to run this sound and light show off your car battery in your car or just a car battery by itself?
Just a FWIW that amp says it doesn't like >13V...it just wants to see a nice regulated 12VDC with 2-6A output.
A fully charged car battery can be >14VDC.
That may be why you burned them up!
That's why they make adapters for your car...
So there's a good chance another try at this will burn a third and or fourth unit.
They make cigarette lighter adapters with a regulated 12VDC 2-5A transformer brick with that power plug connector already on it.

Using a car battery without a fuse is blatantly stupid!!! These batteries can supply well over 300A in a short circuit condition which will fry pretty much any wire in a matter of seconds and potentially set your house on fire.

The battery can also explode and spray sulphuric acid in your eyes, potentially blinding you for life.

So please install a inline fuse!! for these lepai and similar amps a 1-2A fuse will do just fine, eve with a that low value fuse, the amp will most likely explode before the fuse, but atleast the wires wont melt and set your house on fire.

IF you think it will drive some big ole 15" woofers well then you're just kidding yourself!

Ooh, ya think? Ever heard a tapped horn sub that can play down to 35 Hz at 102 db at 1 watt? With two of them and a 1 watt per channel amp, that is 108db of bass! The more sensitive the speaker, the louder it can be at a given power level.

Back to the OP. Doesn't seem like the polarity on the plug is resolved. Yes I agree about the fusing, but the polarity must be checked before going any further.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.