5W amplification at low voltage - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th May 2012, 03:45 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Maxim has some nice low power IC's as well, like the MAX98310.

MAX98309, MAX98310 Mono 1.4W Class AB Audio Amplifiers - Overview
Old 31st May 2012, 12:34 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert384 View Post
Dear DiYAudio,

I'm completely new in here and in audio circuits as well. Thus, I thought this community might be helpful.

I'm designing a circuit running on battery from (3 to 9 volts) which must have a 5W audio amplification stage. I've been browsing the internet quite a lot for such amps but no one was running under 12volts.

Do you have any ideas ?

I wish you a nice day and thank you for all the knowledge available on that website.
Use a voltage booster - dc-dc converter from low to high. Plenty of them and pretty cheap on eBait and you can use any high quality amp behind it (e.g. LM1875 - cheap as well on oBoy)

Mini DC to DC Converter Boost Step Up Module Wide Voltage Input 2.5-25V to 5-25V | eBay

Last edited by AmadeusMozart; 31st May 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 31st May 2012, 07:08 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/TDA7056B.pdf

this chip might do the trick without any booster, on 9 volts.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:42 PM   #14
Minion is offline Minion  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yesterday i was looking through my parts bin looking for something to build a low power stereo amp for my MP3 player to run in my car , like an Ipod dock type thing ....
Anyways I found a HA13001 chip in my parts bin , it is appearantly a 2 x 5w into 4 ohms amp chip that runs off of 12v DC which is perfect for my car .....

So I did up a home made PCB from the datasheet curcuit and hooked it up to my MP3 player and a set of home theater speakers and a 12v dc PSU and it sounds pretty good , way better than the LM386 amps i have built ......

I don"t think they make them anymore but you can find them on the net , if you can find one I can supply you with a simple PCB design if you want to etch a pcb at home ......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ha13001 pcb-002.JPG (82.2 KB, 174 views)
Old 1st June 2012, 10:58 AM   #15
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

ICs designed for automobile use are generally single polarity supply from ~8Vdc to 16Vdc.
These are ideal for using battery power, except that excessive current draw may be a problem.

TI have just released TPA2025D1 : 1.9W into 8r0 @ 1% THD from +3.6Vdc
Old 5th June 2012, 10:35 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Thank you to all of you for your answers, i think i have enough infos now ! This helps me a lot for my project. I hope I will be able to help you, if one day you need it.
Old 11th December 2012, 12:18 AM   #17
JMFahey is offline JMFahey  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Quote:
TI have just released TPA2025D1 : 1.9W into 8r0 @ 1% THD from +3.6Vdc
Nice to know.
So nice, that I rushed to download and *read* its datasheet
Cool chipamp ... but not to be even mentioned here ... except as a curiosity.
Light years away from any "DIY".
Why?
Well, for starters , its pinout is BGA (Ball Grid Array), forget hand soldering there.
Even more, the package is match head sized; 1.5mm x 2 mm
Oh well, too good to be true (for us I mean)
So it looks like I'll have to go back to the chicken farm, light the kerosene lamp up, and grab a couple of my obsolete TBA820, which at least are through hole, DIP8, and can provide 3.6W RMS bridged out of a 9V supply.
Oh well.
Old 11th December 2012, 05:43 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

schematics diagrams amplifier circuits 5w
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A000277_5 Watt Stereo Amplifier Data Sheet.pdf (562.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: pdf schematic_mk190.pdf (26.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 31st December 2012, 04:23 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

AN7522N will do the job nicely! I see them in Stereo CRT TV's all the time. (I salvage TV's for scrap and parts)

http://www.lemona.lt/LIUSE/Pdf/AN7522N.pdf

It's a 2-channel BTL stereo amp designed for low voltage.
I built an amp with one, and on only 9V it will fill the room with sound. It's easy to mount on a heatsink, and does not get very hot. Even though the pdf specs @ 8 ohms, I can drive 4 ohms easy with a bigger than stock heatsink, and it's still a relatively small heatsink. 6 ohms should be easy and loud!

Hide this!Advertise here!