Help me finish my honey-do's! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th May 2012, 02:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help me finish my honey-do's!

Howdy. First post here.

I am trying to fix a surround sound receiver for my wife's hair salon. Its been giving her problems where the power indication light is on, but the rest of the receiver won't get power. I opened it up and secured the connection that connects the power button assembly (I am 100% in the dark on technical terms as I figure this stuff out on my own) to the board. It turns out the connection was loosened from the board itself. What's happened is a portion of the board (on the green side) has lifted off the rest of the board, as if too much pressure was applied to the component from the opposite side.

I hope I am being clear. The green part of the board (which is a lighter green than most of the board) has lifted off, revealing the brown beneath. How can I repair this?

Thank you.
Sam
Old 18th May 2012, 04:15 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

never mind. i got it.

i bypassed the board and used a small wire to connect what i needed to.

have a great day.

Sam
Old 20th May 2012, 07:58 AM   #3
wazzy is online now wazzy  Zimbabwe
diyAudio Member

sounds like we both figure things out the same way, most times all that is needed is to be brave and just open it! Glad you got it sorted.
regards
Warren

Hide this!Advertise here!