DC offset question...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apologies if this has been asked before but I've searched dozens of posts but can't find anything regarding measuring my DC Offset question that I understand :eek: so....

To find out the DC offset of a chip-amp itself (a LM4780) is it possible just to put a 10 ohm(?) resistor across signal/earth of the input rca plugs and measure the DC offset from the amp output?
Or is there more to it than that? - I thought the only thing that may change the amps DC offset (with the input connected) was if there was any DC on the signal going into the amp.

Thanks

The dummy Rs fitted to the input can be chosen from 0r0 to 1M0.
The output offset and output noise results will be different over than enormous range of RS. Useful information about the amplifier performance can be gleaned by looking at a range of Rs, rather than just shorting the input with Rs=0r0.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.