LM3875 Buzz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently tried to build an LM3875 Gainclone using Mark Houstons design from diyaudioprojects.com. Both channels are working, however, I get a small buzz when my source is turned off and then when I play music, all the highs sound great but anything especially percussive or in the bass range sounds distorted. Also, If there is a quiet section or a section without a lot going on, an overwhelming buzz ensues until there is more going on or I turn the volume up to use more power. In fact, the louder I turn up my source, the less distortion there is. All this leads me to believe that this has something to do with my capacitors or with my psu because the distortion varies greatly depending on how much power is being utilized. Also, Im using an ipod as my source to test the amp. Could this have something to do with it?
Thank you,
Jud.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.