8-Channel Gainclone Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
(posting from phone, sorry)

maybe make a super symmetrical PCB in a circular pattern? toroidal in the dead center?

a dodecahedron (δωδεκάεδρο) ?

You could even make it in two stages and still remain symmetrical. First, the four stereo amps, in the 1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11 places and then add the last four mono amps in the 3,6,9,12 places

Just throwing some ideas.

noisy...always noisy...

Hi !

I have the same problem after past 7 years to trying to build 7.1 amplifier with mono LM4780 or LM3886 and always the same result HUMMM NOISE !!!
and by the way, I use only hi-end capacitor and resistor with a really ugly sound NOISE result :(

For the fun, I buy cheap japan 5.1 lm3886 amp board on ebay. I plug it with the same toroidal transformer uses to build my noisy amp and you know what... THE SILENCE ! no FUC**NG humm noise ! WHY !?

Why the original gaincard with her ugly board have no noise too !
and Why the Jeff Rowland amp builded with many lm3886 in line was NO NOISE TOO !?

In reality I think all members how try to build amp with lm4780 or LM3886 accept the noise, but not me, and I always search to find a REAL SOLUTIONS...for the SILENCE :)

I don't want to change your thread, MP if you have solution, thanks !

nicK

P.s. If you drive your CHIP in 4ohm or 8ohm your heatsink is too tiny! I use 6x4inch heatsink and after 1 hours of loud music, I can't leave my finger on it ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.