Lm1875

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know too much about heatsinks, other than they take heat off of chips. Is the small heatsink below sufficient for the LM1875?

Attachments

• cap0001.jpg
    cap0001.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,150
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Or a heatsink from a PentiumII processor. My LM7886 integrated once I took it apart has a heatsink that size that both chips are attached to. I was kinda shocked, but it's never gotten too hot, so the LM1875's shouldnt need any more than that. I have access to quite a few of them here at work, since we're pulling all of our old PII pcs.

soundNERD, the heatsink you refer to may be spread out over the dimensions you quoted, but that is nowhere near big enough. You need a heatsink that has a solid base and fins coming out of it, there needs to be alot more solid metal and surface area for the heat to dissipate than the sink you posted a picture of. You probably won't find heatsinks big enough at digikey or the likes, nor many local electronics stores, try looking at metal shops or the best in my opinion, surplus stores.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.