10W amp help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, I have revised a schematic of a dual channel 10w amp that I had found on another forum. If anyone has used the TDA2003 before, may you please see if everything looks to be correct. I have attached the eagle file, parts list and jpeg of the schematic.

My purpose of this is to drive speakers that will be connected, to a fm receiver that i assembled, and at times to my computer and iPad. If you know of any other simple 10w amps please post below

The eagle file is here 10watt 2 channel amp deven prasad.sch

Attachments

• dual ch 2 10w amp.png
    dual ch 2 10w amp.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 160
This is identical to the application circuit found in the ST datasheet. With the addition of a stereo potentiometer connected in series with the speakers. I don't think you want the volume control on the output, but on the input instead. Actually, it may not even be necessary at all since the iPad and computer have their own volume controls, and the radio receiver probably has one too.

What Sofaspud said. Put the volume pot at the input. I've built this version myself a few times and it does the job admirably.

You may also consider a bridged TDA2003 circuit. I have built this one also and it is very good for general use.

Please the see the attached images. They may be useful to you.

regards

Foo

Attachments

• TDA2003_Single.png
    TDA2003_Single.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 123
  • TDA2003_Bridged.png
    TDA2003_Bridged.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 130
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.